Project Manager - Refurbishment
Project Manager - Refurbishment - 30k + car - vw golf
Established in 1913 this major high street retail brand has a European presence with over 80 uk stores. Due to continued growth they are looking for a project manager reporting into the UK construction manager.
Responsible for assisting and supporting the project management of new stores, extensions, relocation, modernisation and for the maintenance programme of the existing store portfolio.
30k + Car, VW Golf
22 days holiday + statuary
Monday - Friday role - 37 hours per week.
Core activities of the role as set out by the client :
- Recording, inspecting and assessing damage
- Instruct contractors and suppliers based on quote information obtained
- Liaising with external contractors both UK and European based to ensure works are carried in a
timely cost effective manner and in such a way as to minimise disruption to stores.
- Communicate with operations team and stores as necessary
- Analysis and optimisation of Facility Management using our monitoring and control systems
- Prepare and maintain operating procedures, guidelines/descriptions
- Producing and ensuring compliance with stipulated quality assurance systems
- Managing relationships with external contractors and suppliers
- Where issues identified relative to lease arrangements liaise with the Property Department as
New Build, Relocation and Refurbishment
- Monitoring the project process and ensuring project plans and deadlines are met
- Checking quality standards and ensuring these are adhered too and compliant with company policy
- Implementation of Company Specification to ensure a uniform standard to all projects
- Managing relationships with external consultants, contractors and suppliers
- Support Project Manager in preparing tender packs and negotiating with contractors
- Ensuring our sites have the highest standards of Health & safety at all times
- Quickly resolve issues to ensure deadlines are not jeopardised and projects continue
- Hold weekly site meetings and produce site meeting minutes to chart construction progress
- Feedback of progress to the Senior Team on a regular basis in particular highlighting potential
delays to programmes
- Assist in controlling the project budgets and management of additional costs when required
- Control the snagging procedure and ensure all listed snagging are actioned as necessary by
contractors/sub-contractors (including fit out team) in order to achieve excellent standards
- Create orders on the SAP system and forward them to contractors and suppliers
- Prepare invoices on SAP to be signed off by the Project Manager
- Ensure that plans relative to premises and project work are retained in accordance with
Construction Department protocols
- Ensure that all personal mileage/expense claims are processed in accordance with company policy
- Maintain corporate diary and agree weekly work plan with line manager
-Contribute to the development of the department's corporate business plan as required by the
-Keep abreast of relevant developments within the specialist area taking actions as necessary
-Where necessary follows specific job-oriented developments
- This job is based at head office and the job holder will be required to travel nationwide and occasionally abroad for training purpose.
Education and Qualifications
Have successfully completed a building/joinery apprenticeship or hold equivalent qualification in relevant construction related discipline i.e. NVQ.
Skills and Abilities
* Ability to work effectively on own initiative or as part of a team.
* Be able to manage and deal with conflicting issues/demands.
* Self motivated with a flexible approach to resolving work related matters.
* Effective organisational skills with the ability to prioritise work in order to meet strict deadlines.