Senior Finance Officer
Job ref: RO-16123
Salary: £27,668 - £30,785
Working Hours: 37
Contract Type: Permanent
Closing Date: 27th April 2018
Interview Date: w/c 8th May 2018
A vacancy has arisen for a full-time Senior Finance Officer within the Council’s Finance Support Service.
The post will involve providing financial support to the Economy Directorate, including:
- Responsibility for the delivery of accurate and robust financial information to support the Council’s statutory and business critical financial functions (including Budget Setting, Budget Monitoring, Closure of Accounts and input into key Service and Council wide developments) to strict deadlines;
- Ensuring that administration and control arrangements are implemented to so that the Council’s financial systems are effective and robust;
- Providing support to enable effective, informed decision making within the Council through scrutiny/review of financial information and provision of support to the Economy Directorate around issues;
- Ensuring that the delivery of core functions is achieved through automation and streamlining of processes, maximising the use of the available resources;
- Ensuring that staff within Finance Services and other Directorates of the Council are suitably trained and equipped to fulfil their financial responsibilities through training, support and advice.
The successful candidate will hold an AAT qualification (or equivalent) and have financial management experience within a large organisation. A track record of providing services to meet stakeholder needs, experience of staff management, and the ability to work in a pressurised environment, delivering priority work in a timely and accurate manner, are essential.
Casual User Car Allowance is payable
To apply please visit our website.