Head of Assessment Unit
Regional Grade 8: £58,200 - £65,000 per annum (based on skills and experience)
We are creating a new assessment unit at our RCP North site in Liverpool to deliver high stakes written and practical clinical examinations for physicians and physician associates. This provides an exciting opportunity for the first Head of Assessment Unit to provide strategic and operational leadership for the new multifunctional team. The role will require collaborative working with clinicians and partner organisations.
Initially, the examinations portfolio will comprise four postgraduate examinations:
- PACES clinical exams (a prerequisite for completion of training as a physician in the UK and, consequently, eligibility for consideration for appointment to the role of consultant physician);
- Physician associate national examinations (written and clinical exams for new entrants to the profession and experienced practitioners undergoing periodic reaccreditation)
- Two RCP professional diplomas in specialist areas of clinical practice - Geriatric Medicine (DGM) and Tropical Medicine & Hygiene (DTMH).
You will need to have:
- Extensive and successful experience in an examinations role
- Significant leadership and management experience, including successful leadership of change
- Extensive service delivery experience, including developing new business processes, ensuring business continuity and providing and exceptional customer service
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, including negotiation and influencing
- Ability to build and manage relationships with senior stakeholders
- 29 days holiday plus public holidays
- Occupational health services
- Learning and development opportunities and more
About the RCP
The Royal College of Physicians (RCP) is an independent body and charity representing over 34,000 fellows and members worldwide. We play a leading role in the delivery of high quality patient care by setting standards of medical practice and promoting clinical excellence. We advise and work with government, the public, patients and other professions to improve health and healthcare.
For more information about the role and our benefits please view the job description and person specification and team organogram. To apply for the role please upload your cover letter and CV, applications which do not include a cover letter will not be accepted.
If you wish to book an informal discussion about the role, please contact Professor Della Freeth, Executive Director of Education.
Closing Date: Monday 23 April
Interview date: Thursday 10 May at RCP North in Liverpool