Part-time: 20 hours per week
Salary: £13,454.00 to £14,346.00 per annum
Wolfson College is one of the 31 Colleges in the University of Cambridge and provides an academic home for 900 students aged 21 or above, 200 Fellows, 300 senior members and 100 staff. The College is the most cosmopolitan in Cambridge, which, together with its egalitarian ethos, helps to create a very friendly working environment.
This is a new post, which reflects the development of the HR function in the College. The post-holder will be responsible to the HR Manager in assisting to provide a comprehensive and efficient human resources service to the College Officers and all staff. The HR Office seeks to maintain high professional standards and to deliver a friendly, efficient and confidential service.
The successful candidate will need to be a good communicator with excellent administrative and organisation skills. Previous experience of working in HR and in the use of HR database software would be advantageous, however training will be provided.
Key duties and responsibilities:
Support the HR Office in its daily operation of the HR functions, including but not limited to:
- assist in the recruitment process including placing advertisements, processing applications and arranging interviews;
- record equal opportunities data for monitoring and analysis;
- carry out necessary pre-employment checks, including the right to work;
- assist in the preparation of offer letters and contracts;
- assist with the induction process for new staff by preparing induction packs and collecting all starter information;
- assist in the maintenance of the on-line Staff Handbook;
- maintain the staff area of the College website, including recruitment information;
- assist the HR Manager with the maintenance of staff records both electronically and manually to ensure records are correct and up-to-date;
- maintain holiday, sickness absence and training records in the HR system;
- diarise deadlines and manage the paperwork for procedures such as probationary reviews and annual staff reviews;
- prepare reports via the HR database on employees' absence data;
- assist the HR Manager with the administration of staff benefits including pension schemes;
- assist in the sourcing and organisation of staff training;
- assist with the organisation and administration of staff social events throughout the year;
- deal with enquiries either by phone or in person;
- maintain and develop the staff Time & Attendance system (TimeNet).
Other relevant duties may be delegated by the HR Manager from time to time.
To download further information and an application form please click the apply button which will direct you to our website.
Closing date 12 noon on Tuesday 8 May 2018