Client-Side Asset Manager
The role is focused on generating income and capital growth through lettings, refurbishments, lease re-structuring and other asset management initiatives.
Our client is one of the world's largest Asset Managers with GBP1.5bn of Assets under Management. Their team has been providing solutions for institutional investors for 15+ years and has developed a range of funds and segregated accounts to meet their differing needs, from value add strategies to traditional core style total return and latterly a real return strategy.
The role is focussed on generating income and capital growth through lettings, refurbishments, lease re-structuring and other asset management initiatives.
- Write short business plans for individual properties and prepare performance and expenditure projections.
- Initiate and control asset management initiatives including lettings, lease restructuring and improved planning consents. Appoint agents/consultants on market terms. Complete initiatives which maximise rental income, covenant strength and investment performance.
- Prepare development/refurbishment appraisals and oversee the project management of building works.
- Co-ordinate the rent review programme, select and appoint agents to act on rent reviews and other major Landlord and Tenant work.
- Provide asset management advice on potential purchases.
- Supervise and liaise with managing agents who are responsible for rent collection arrears, provision of services, assignments, tenant's works, outgoings, giving instructions and seeking authority as appropriate.
- Prepare quarterly fund statistics for clients and unit holders and provide regular information for the revaluation of properties.
- Ensure compliance with banking agreements.
- Maintain appropriate databases and other computer records, e.g. tenancy schedules.
- Good property investment management ability
- An understanding of processes for risk management
- Team player
- Good property market knowledge
- Deep knowledge of financial markets
- Excellent level of spreadsheet/valuation proficiency,
- Strong analytical capabilities
- Above all to be able to spot and deliver a good deal!
- MRICS/IMC (at least one required)
Competitive Salary + Excellent Benefits Package.