Architectural Metalwork Site Installer / Metalwork Engineer
Job Title: Site Installer
Location: Matlock, Derbyshire
Salary: Up to £26,000 per annum plus overtime (dependent on experience)
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: Full time position, 40 Hours minimum. They are looking to fill this position with a candidate with a degree of flexibility - the workload varies considerably and at times overtime working during the normal working week is inevitable. From time to time an element of the working week may be spent in the workshop.
Probationary Period: 3 Months
Holidays: 20 days plus statutory Bank Holidays, increasing over time to a maximum of 25.
The vacancy is for a busy, successful company based on the edge of the Peak District. They specialise in the design, manufacture and installation of contemporary, bespoke, high end architectural metalwork products primarily in mild steel, stainless steel & glass. Supplying regional and national contracts up to £200K to both private clients and their large repeat customer base in the construction sector, they punch above their weight to continue to develop a reputation of delivering cost effective imaginative ideas, with a high standard of workmanship, to tight deadlines, accompanied by great levels of customer service. Due to an on-going expansion process they are looking to recruit an experienced Site Installation Technician to join this small team.
To be successful in meeting the requirements for the position of site installer you must possess the following skills and experience:
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Installation of all forms of architectural metalwork and glass.
- Have clear knowledge of correct working and safety practices, ensuring that you conform to all the latest health & safety legislation.
- Take pride in accuracy and attention to detail, taking responsibility for the quality of work produced on site.
- Resolve on site problems with the rest of the team in a timely and cost effective manner.
Reporting To: Site Installation team leader.
- Essential - Good understanding of architectural metal work & glass products, processes and procedures.
- An ability to display correct working and safety practices on site at all times.
- Able to work from and to read/understand engineering drawings.
Adaptable and willing to encompass all aspects of the trade as required and also be prepared to work away on various sites nationwide
- Essential - experience in the role of an installer which will have been within the steel fabrication or architectural metalwork industry. An ability to site fabricate on occasion will be extremely advantageous.
Qualifications & Education:
- Essential - Good general education, with good levels of basic Maths and English. Valid CSCS card,
- Desirable - You will hold a full driving licence with a maximum of 3 penalty points, PASMA, & IPAF or CPSCS.
- Desirable -. Apprentice trained in Fabrication/Welding. SMSTS, SSSTS and First Aid Certificates. TIG, MIG &/or Stick Welding experience is preferable.
- A significant level of fitness is required as this can be a very active position.
- Willingness to travel to various sites around the UK with overnight stays where required.
- You are motivated and a good team worker, setting high standards for yourself and the team.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- You can think on your feet to keep production on site moving forward in a productive and effective manner.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE!
You must be eligible to live and work within the UK. Sponsorship is not provided.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Site Installation Engineer, Welder, Skilled Welder, Fabricator, Welding Technician, Fabricator Welder, Welding Engineer, Welding, Finishing Welder, Fabrication, Mig Welder, Mig Fabricator, Manufacturing Welder, Manufacturing Fabricator will also be considered for this role.