With a truly global presence Ardagh Group Ltd, is a leading international glass and metal packaging manufacturer and a premier supplier of metal containers to the food sector. At this exciting stage of their development they are currently looking to fill a Sales Manager role based at one of their UK metal packaging sites in Sutton in Ashfield, Nottinghamshire.
Working closely with the Sales Director in the development of a regional sales strategy across the UK and Ireland this sales role will have a high technical requirement which will require close liaison and support of six manufacturing plants in the UK and Europe. The position will be responsible for managing and developing specified accounts in the Food and Pet Foods sectors to maximise volume, value and company profit.
The Sales Managers other key responsibilities include:
- Supporting the Sales Director in the management of European accounts and taking responsibility for the development of existing accounts in the UK and seeking out new opportunities in growth sectors.
- Playing an active role in reporting, planning, budgeting and business reviews.
- Managing sales forecasting accuracy for principal customers.
- Ensuring the delivery of accurate information and forecasts to support manufacturing plant activity.
- Developing long standing relationships with current and potential customers.
- Achieving budget volume/value for sales by customer over prescribed time periods so that planned profit is achieved.
With a proven track record in sales, the successful candidate will be highly numerate with a detailed focus. Coming from a packaging background would be beneficial, however, other FMCG / Food sales sector experience would be considered. Ideally coming from a marketing and service background, this capacity driven market requires a solution selling approach, involving strong technical interaction with customers and the company’s manufacturing plants.
A good team player with the presence and gravitas to work with high profile clients the successful candidate will possess high levels of energy and be flexible in terms of travel.
If you are Interested in joining this highly successful, international group, then please forward your CV with covering letter quoting reference number LH0302 to our retained consultants Lighthouse Search & Selection Ltd via the apply button.