Deputy Head of School - Milton Keynes College
Milton Keynes College are looking to appoint to an inspirational leader to oversee the School of Hairdressing, Beauty Therapy, Catering, Hospitality and Events
The school of Hairdressing, Beauty Therapy, Catering, Hospitality and Events hold a good reputation within their respective industry fields. The student experience within the school is outstanding and industry partners, such as Wahl, Francesco Group, Champneys and the Holiday Inn and Claire Clark supports each study programme. The Deputy Head role will include the monitoring of the quality of teaching, learning and assessment within the study programme sessions across the school and supporting the day-to-day running of the curriculum provision.
As a Deputy Head, you will be support the development and delivery of digital and academic study skills through:
- inspirational teaching
- effective lesson planning which meets individual needs
- rigorous assessment for learning
- collaboration with vocational delivery staff and employers
More about the rewards
- 35 days annual leave, 3 additional days leave for Christmas to New Year closure and UK Bank Holidays Pro Rata, Per Annum
- Amazing discounts with NUS card, ranging from Eating Out, Shopping and Fashion, Health and Fitness, Music, Technology, Travel and Entertainment
- Access to an employee wellbeing platform with options to book free activities such as yoga, relaxation, boot camp, personal training and a health and wellbeing news hub
- Teachers' pension scheme with generous employer contributions
- Tax free childcare scheme.
- Access to Continued Professional Development, including professional qualifications and a variety of training courses
- Save up to 32% off all bikes through our Cycle To Work Scheme
- 24 hours per day, 365 days per year Employee Assistant Support Programme
- Plus many more???
Location: Milton Keynes
Hours: 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
Salary: GBP34,327 - GBP39,771 per annum
Closing date: Wednesday 25 th April 2018
As a successful candidate, you will have???
- English and Maths qualification
- Experience of developing curriculum to meet the needs of varying stakeholders
- Experience of identifying, developing and sharing resources focused on teaching, learning and assessment
- English and math training experience and up to date knowledge of awarding body specifications.
- Teaching qualification (QTLS as appropriate), or willingness to work towards this
- Management qualification or desire to work towards this
- Ideally, you will have experience of line management
More about the College
Milton Keynes College is proud to be an open and inclusive general Further Education College welcoming learners of all levels and delivering an exceptional educational experience. The College offers a broad range of qualifications with more than 3, - 18-year-old full-time students studying traditional A Levels, vocational courses, apprenticeships and Higher Education. In addition, the College delivers employability and key skills training programmes to 3,000 people in local community learning centres and is one of the largest providers of Offender Learning in England, working with 27 prisons across the East Midlands, South Central and West Midlands.