Repair Services Manager
Repair Services Manager
Your New Company
Asset management and housing management services for tenants and leaseholders of Lewes District Council and Eastbourne Borough Council is now being delivered by a new team. This new housing service called Homes First is part of the Lewes-Eastbourne shared services arrangement. Homes first amalgamates Lewes District Council's in house management of social housing with Eastbourne Borough Councils arms length management organisation (ALMO) Eastbourne Homes Ltd. Homes First manages a combined property portfolio of over 8,500 homes and will invest almost GBP20M per annum in maintenance, service contracts, major repairs and improvements. Our service is also growing as the Councils' new investment companies develop new housing covering a range of different tenures and accommodation types.
Your New Role
The Repair Services Manager is responsible for leading and delivering an efficient, cost effective and customer focused repairs service to the 8,500 properties within the Homes First portfolio. The property portfolios are interesting and diverse ranging from urban estates in Eastbourne and Lewes to smaller clusters of rural properties situated along the coastal towns and villages within the Sussex South-Downs countryside. It's an exciting time to join this innovative service with new technologies being rolled out to enhance the service to tenants and leaseholders. New contracts have been procured jointly between the two authorities to maximise efficiencies and achieve better value for money.
Your key responsibilities:
- Lead, direct and manage the Homes First Repairs team and its supply chain.
- Effectively manage a budget of GBP8 million per annum
- Set, agree, monitor and deliver standards and targets for quality, delivery and cost
- Identify and implement measures for the continuous improvement of the repairs service
- Manage contractor performance to ensure continued high levels of customer satisfaction
- Manage specific repairs programmes including responsive repairs, repairs to vacant dwellings, planned repairs, aids & adaptations, disabled lifting equipment
- Ensure any complaints are fully investigated and responded to
What You'll Need To Succeed
- Relevant professional qualification and / or degree
- Proven leader demonstrating the ability to manage and motivate a team
- Well developed contract management skills and experience
- Proficient in the use of property management IT systems including asset management and stock condition software
- Working knowledge of the Decent Homes Standards, energy rating systems, section 20 notices, CDM, term and partnering contracts, EU procurement rules and regulatory frameworks affecting repair standards in housing.
- Budget management skills, obtaining value for money
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Experience of working with resident groups and governance structures