Business Support Manager
Business Support Manager
We are a market-leading provider of outsourced HR advice and guidance to small businesses across the UK, Ireland and Australia. These services are delivered via our network of franchisees, all highly-qualified and experienced HR professionals.
We now have over 60 franchisees running businesses in 100 different territories across the country and we have big plans to grow further in 2018.
We are looking for a new Franchise Support Manager, to drive forward the standard of support that we provide to our franchisees and to help them set-up, grow and develop their businesses.
This is an important role, taking responsibility for over-seeing all of the support functions that we provide to our network of franchisees. Key to this is managing the relationship with all our outsourced suppliers and partners and ensuring that the service they provide is of an excellent standard and meets the needs of our franchise network.
You will have line management responsibility for one member of staff, our Franchise Support Administrator, and between you will have responsibility for setting up our new franchisees and for managing all of our on-going support and training activities.
As a key figure within the Central Office Team, this role requires excellent relationship management and customer service skills, strong commercial acumen, organisational ability and, most importantly of all, a genuine desire to see others succeed.
This would suit an ambitious individual from either an Operations or Client Management background to take ownership of the delivery of key services and to take on the challenge of growing into the role.
You will be joining a team of 10 dedicated and enthusiastic individuals in our Central Office based in Bristol, each with their own areas of expertise, to help support and develop our network of franchisees.
This is a fast-paced, varied and demanding role with great rewards for achieving excellence.
Purpose of role:
- To ensure that all of our franchisees enjoy a first-rate support service
- To manage the relationship with, and performance of, our panel of partners and suppliers
- To build successful and productive relationships with each of our franchisees
- To oversee the new franchisee on-boarding and induction programme and coordinate on-going CPD opportunities
- To deliver ROI and increased profitability from all activities
New franchisee on-boarding and induction
- Manage the new franchisees on-boarding process ensuring the efficient completion of all set-up tasks
- Liaise with all external partners to ensure their services are provided to a high standard
- Host and manage the new franchisees induction training programme including booking all speakers and overseeing agenda
- Manage all key relationships with supplier and partner organisations addressing areas of poor performance as required
- Coordinate and administrate our panel of Value-Added Services including commission arrangements and marketing collateral
- Be the key liaison point for our outsourced providers of IT and Telephony ensuring the resolution of any queries or issues
Additional Franchise Support Services
- Manage the recording of all additional franchise support services ensuring all revenue is tracked and invoiced correctly
- Resolve any queries or disputes arising from this
- Identify any opportunities for increased revenue
- Support the Leadership team in all franchise compliance activities
- Provide guidance and support on the application of rules and obligations
- Assist with the resolution of any queries or disputes
- Oversee the successful delivery of The HR Dept National Conference
- Ensure all services purchased are cost-effective and fit for purpose
- Co-ordinate the event on the day
- Manage the relationship with all related suppliers
- Oversee the design and implantation of the Conference Plan and delegate duties accordingly
- Be the main point of contact for any Licensee queries relating to conference
- Promote the conference to Licensees and suppliers
Processes and procedures
- Take ownership of the Operations Manual and the Licensee Business Manual ensuring both are accurate and up to date
- Identify potential improvements in processes and procedures contained with
- each document, propose changes and manage their implementation
National Referral Partners
- Manage the relationship with all National Referral Partners ensuring leads are processed quickly and efficiently
- Handle any new national referral partner enquiries as they arise
- Support the on-boarding of new partners including designing and overseeing new referral processes
Training and Events
- Manage the scheduling and delivery of all training events
- Ensure events are completed within budget
- Manage the invoicing process
- Promote all training events to franchisees successfully
Qualifications required for this role:
- Degree level or equivalent with strong numeracy and literacy and IT skills
- Demonstrable experience of high-performance in an Operations, Client Management or similar role
- Experience of line management and people development
- An outgoing, enthusiastic and positive style