Business Line Anti-Financial Crime
Job Title: Business Line Anti-Financial Crime
Corporate Title: Vice President
Division: Regulation, Compliance & Anti-Financial Crime
You will be joining the Regulation, Compliance and Anti-Financial Crime (AFC) division, which protects the integrity and reputation of Deutsche Bank. The division manages the Bank's risks to avoid unintentional rule breaches and conflicts of interest.
Your new team, Business Line AFC (BLAFC) in the UK, Channel Islands and the Republic of Ireland (UKI), provides advice on AFC-related matters to UKI businesses. You will be providing advisory support to Global Markets (GM). Your team responds to referrals or escalations submitted by the business and advises on AFC risk-mitigation and controls, to ensure compliance with applicable AFC Policies and Procedures. You will be contributing to AFC initiatives, promoting consistency of approach to risk identification and response in UKI.
- Regular liaising with GM business lines, providing advice and support on AFC risk
- Maintaining open communication with business representatives to support timely resolution of issues
- Advising on high-risk, cross-regional and/or cross-divisional client relationships, supporting the development of protocols for business engagement
- Raising the profile of AFC
- Responding to escalations/referrals to BLAFC team, ensuring appropriate recording, logging and maintenance of audit trails on decisions/advice provided
- Producing risk-based analysis, reflecting consideration of relevant policies, to inform decisions or judgements on regulatory and reputational risk
- Liaising with AFC Subject Matter Expert in relation to anti-fraud, financial sanctions and anti-bribery & corruption
- Supporting AFC projects, initiatives and advisory work relevant to AFC risk
- Ensuring integrity of AFC Advisory workflow, including accuracy and content of advice provided to the business and contributions to AFC management reporting
Skills & Qualifications:
- AFC experience in banking, particularly in a GM environment, would be highly advantageous
- Previous experience of delivering AFC business line advisory support and guidance
- AFC-related qualifications would be beneficial
- Ability to oversee and quality assure work done by less experienced staff
- In-depth knowledge of the UKI AFC regulatory landscape
- A good working knowledge of industry guidance that is applicable to the UK banking sector, such as, guidelines published by the UK Financial Conduct Authority and/or the UK Joint Money Laundering Steering Group
- Capable of working effectively in a fast-paced environment, meeting strict deadlines
- Proven ability to assess risk and identify potential risk-mitigation options related to AFC matters
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to successfully build and liaise with a network of key stakeholders
Deutsche Bank is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital/civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability.
Please let us know if you require any adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any concerns about the application process, please contact your recruiter.