Development Engineer / Design Engineer / Plastics Engineer
Job Title: Development Engineer
Location: Dorking, Surrey (RH4)
Salary: £30,000 to £40,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The Company is a well-established manufacturer and renowned experts in precision machining, bonding and finishing engineering grade plastics. They supply global, blue-chip customers in industries including life sciences, medical devices and industrial applications with solutions including fluidic manifolds and optical components.
This role is an important part of the R&D team to support the Company's growth plans and continuous product and process innovations. The main part of the role will be leading internal research and development projects, primarily around plastics bonding techniques but also other precision machining challenges. Another part will be supporting specific client design and development projects covering a range of areas including fluidic manifold design, bonding, fabrication, and machining. You will be supported by a wealth of in-house knowledge of machining and bonding, but expected to lead projects in a disciplined way ensuring any experimental work is planned and results recorded with recommendations.
The position is open to a wide range of candidates including (but not limited to) recent graduates, people with less formal education but good practical experience, academics looking for hands on work, product designers and people with long experience in relevant technical areas.
- Planning a schedule of development projects and prioritising
- Designing R&D projects including objectives, methodology, experiments and pass/fail criteria
- Hands on execution of R&D projects
- Creating project reports with clear conclusions and recommendations
- Liaising directly with clients
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Minimum Level 3 qualification in a technical/engineering based subject
- Experience working with plastics
- Hands on approach to development
- Ability to read technical drawings
- Product or process development experience
- A methodical/"design of experiments" approach to development
- Some client facing experience or aptitude to do this
Nice to have:
- CAD skills (Inventor Autodesk preferred) including drawing creation and checking
- Polymer material science experience or qualifications
- Polymer engineering experience and qualifications
- Mechanical engineering qualification
- Plastics machining experience
- Fluidics design experience
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Design Engineer, Development Engineer, Product Design Engineer, Product Designer, Product Development, CAD, Design Improvement Engineer, AutoCAD Engineer, Solid Works Engineer, AutoCAD Designer, CAD Designer, AutoCAD Technician, Design Technician, Continuous Improvement Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Implementation Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Plastics Engineer may also be considered for this role.