£7.86 - £8.29 per hour depending on qualifications / experience
Perthyn is a registered charity that provides support primarily to people with a learning disability, across both Wales and England. Perthyn was formed in 2002 and currently employ approximately 800 staff and provides support to over 170 Service Users.
We are recruiting Support Workers in the following areas of Powys;
KEY PURPOSE OF ROLE:
To work as part of a team to consistently deliver person centred services for people with a learning disability. To take responsibility for supporting them with the development of individual plans and in positive risk taking. Undertaking a key role in ensuring their participation features in all aspects of service planning and contributing to the development of the staff team by role modelling and sharing good practice.
Main responsibilities include;
- Work with the person you are allocated to, to identify, set and review goals
- Support people to develop (and maintain) personal friendships and relationships
- Support people to develop budgeting skills
- Help people to liaise with employers, Benefits Agency, landlords etc.
- Support people to lead healthy lifestyles and promote good health
- Support people to develop and maintain meaningful daytime occupation e.g. employment, voluntary work, adult education
- Support people to make decisions
- Want to work with adults with learning disabilities
- Able to get to work at unsociable hours without relying on public transport
- Able to work a variety of shifts across a 24/7 rota
Please submit your CV and contact information online today.