Quantity Surveyor - Cornwall
My client are a leading local authority based in the south west of England.
We currently seek to recruit x2 experienced Quantity Surveyors to provide oversight, challenge, commercial management and monitoring of a range of construction contracts and frameworks under which the Council delivers its capital construction project programme.
The prospective candidate will have:
- Experience of construction economics and cost management experience under NEC forms of contract including contract formation, tendering, certifying payment and agreeing final accounts.
- Demonstrable achievement in relevant commercial and/or contract management functional area. Significant track record of success in working in an effective team to achieve organisational aims and objectives
- Knowledge of financial management, risk management and the principles of effective project including value management, value engineering and whole life costing
- Knowledge of local government and/or public procurement under EU procurement regulation and the application of the law to construction services and contract procurement
- Knowledge of how to ascertain and deliver client and business needs, work within budgetary and operational constraints and strategic objectives, with a track record of successfully working with partners and external bodies to achieve organisational aims and objectives
- Knowledge and skills associated with successfully consulting and negotiating with consultants/contractors leading to successful agreement appropriate to multi million pound contracts
- Proven commercial acumen and negotiation skills