6 Month Fixed-Term Contract
Up to GBP21,145, plus excellent benefits
Our public sector client is looking for an ambitious Finance Officer looking to gain experience working within a fast paced and highly professional environment on a 6 month fixed term contract.
You will work with other members of the Finance team to deliver efficient and effective management accounting services to the organisation and its users. You will provide essential support to the Finance Business Partners to ensure the delivery of accurate and robust financial reporting, budgeting and forecasting data. You will have individual responsibility for overseeing key processes to ensure that targets and deadlines are met.
Other responsibilities include:
* Review, evaluate and challenge account transactions and financial information, monitor deadlines and work with key contacts to improve processes
* Take an active role in managing the month end close process and work with other units/sections to ensure that all necessary adjustments are processed before finance system closedown.
* Prepare and process all relevant prepayment and accrual data including journal postings.
* Assist with the preparation of month end accounts, including the provision of the relevant month end reports to the Business Partners and any ad-hoc analysis as required.
* Assist the Business Partners in pulling together any relevant supplementary data to assist in the delivery of regular forecasts for full year outturn.
* Be responsible for the production of all monthly and quarterly returns, including; Retained Fines, Proceeds of Crime, Public Service Reform Quarterly Disclosure and Business Scorecard.
* Collate, analyse and present appropriate financial data for information and decision making purposes as required eg pay remit, unit costing and Freedom of Information requests.
* Part Qualified Accountant
* Excellent Excel skills (this will be questioned at interview)
Should this role be of interest please apply now.