Senior Community and Events Fundraiser
Job Title: Senior Community and Events Fundraiser
Salary: Up to £25,000 per annum dependant on experience
Position: Permanent, Full Time (40 hours per week)
Closing Date: 5th May 2018
They are a growing voluntary organisation providing services to people facing acute challenges in their lives. Their vision is a just society where socially excluded people are supported and empowered to build sustainable, independent lives.
The primary purpose of this post is to develop funding opportunities and closer links with the community at large - with particular emphasis on developing a portfolio of community events, support from local groups, companies, schools and churches within the organisation's catchment area.
Principle Areas of Accountability:
- Achieve the agreed annual income target
- Develop and deliver a range of community events, in line with the fundraising strategy
- To organise event publicity, develop case studies and write press releases to create a good breadth of local media interest
- Establish a strong local Funding Committee which will provide a valuable extra strand to the organisation's advocacy and fundraising efforts
- Undertake an on-going programme of outside talks, ensure that the breadth and importance of the organisation's work is effectively conveyed to key target audiences
- Recruit, manage and oversee fundraising volunteers
- Build and maintain strong relationships with supporters to develop their support
- Recruit participants for third party events - supporting and developing their fundraising potential for example the Exeter Half Marathon or other local/national events.
- Work closely with community based events organised by third parties to promote Julian House
- Produce a good quality local newsletter for circulation to supporters and stakeholders
- Assist with other specific projects, as detailed by the Area Funding Manager
- Ensure that all relevant data is accurately included on the fundraising database
The Company is an ambitious organisation which is keen to expand its work.
The range of its future activities will change. It is therefore important that those working for the organisation are flexible in their working arrangements and willing to embrace such changes.
Attend and participate in team and staff meetings.
Liaise effectively and appropriately with other See Change staff
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications required:
- The capacity to be an inspirational ambassador for Julian House through detailed knowledge of the organisation's work and the highest standards in their dealings with target groups
- Experience in event planning and delivery
- Ability to research effectively and creatively; sometimes in the absence of 'off the shelf' source material
- Disciplined organiser
- Persuasive communicator with great interpersonal skills (external and internal audiences)
- Self-motivated and focused but at the same time a team player
- Adept as using various social media platforms in a targeted and impactful way
- Good interpersonal skills
- Some experience of fundraising and or sales/marketing
- Dealing with diverse individuals, groups and organisations
- Presentations to same
- Event/project management and the attendant pressures of multi-tasking
- High level of integrity and discretion
- Empathy and understanding of the needs of See Change service users.
- Commitment to equality of opportunity.
- Current driving licence and access to a vehicle which can be used for business purposes
- Ability to write persuasive copy which is both succinct and powerful
- Keen interest in and/or experience of outdoor activities g. hill walking, running, cycling
- Databases and management of same
How to apply
Please click the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the link to the careers page which will have the application form & recruitment pack.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of; Senior Events Fundraiser, Senior Fundraising Appeals Officer, Senior Fundraising Events Officer, Fundraising Officer, Fundraiser, Fundraising Project Officer, Charity Fundraising Officer, Fundraising Executive, Events Fundraising Manager, Corporate Fundraising Manager, Donor Giving Sales, Sales Executive may also be considered for this role.