HR Advisor - 3 month FTC to Perm
Your new company
My client are a leading provider of insurance products and services based in Stoke on Trent who following a takeover, have subsequently grown significantly through acquisition. They now have a requirement for an experienced HR Advisor to join the team on an initial 3 month FTC, with a view to becoming permanent for the right candidate.
Your new role
You will provide a professional advisory service to all levels of management and staff, regarding up to date legislative matters covering employment law, terms and conditions of employment. Provide advice, support and recommendations to managers on employment relation issues including discipline, grievance and managing change
Key responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Proactively deal with general day to day HR queries that cannot be resolved by administration or are passed on from Head of HR / Senior HR Advisor
- Deliver a professional, informative and friendly service to all customers, both internal and external of the department
- Provide advice and support to managers on disciplinary matters in an exemplary and timely manor
- Maintain your knowledge of employment legislation and promote best practise within the company
- Highlight management training needs to the Head of HR and Head of Learning and Development
- Provide practical advice to members of the management team regarding performance management and other people policy issues / processes
- Promote the departments aims and objectives through all customer interactions whist portraying a professional working image at all times
- Act as first point of contact for both maternity and Paternity related queries
- Demonstrate a pro-active approach to ensure compliance to all company policies and procedures
- Conduct your relevant activities in accordance with the requirements and procedures
- Ensure your own continuous professional development by participating in external networking/conferences/associations/groups, to stay current on Industry developments & innovations. Encourage, support and coach other team members in their own development
- Maintain a positive and solution oriented approach to work, providing open and honest feedback
- Take all reasonable steps to ensure appropriate confidentiality
- Undertake such other duties, training and/or hours of work as may be reasonably required and which are consistent with the general level of responsibility of this role.
What you'll need to succeed
You will ideally be CIPD Level 3 qualified or above with experience in a generalist HR advisory position within the commercial sector. You must be able to start a new role within 2 weeks and have some flexibility to travel to their other locations in Manchester as and when required.
What you'll get in return
The role attracts a salary of cGBP25,000 plus and excellent benefits package with plenty of opportunities to further develop your career in HR.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.