Business Manager, Client Control and Governance
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Securities Services provides robust and reliable solutions that enhance performance and mitigate risk, today and in the future. Working with institutional investors, banks, insurance companies, governments and multinational corporations, Securities Services offers a range of fund administration, global custody, sub-custody and clearing, and corporate trust and loan agency services.
We are currently seeking an ambitious individual to join our Securities Services team, working together with colleagues to define, manage and achieve divisional business targets.
- To provide business management support for the Client Control and Governance team in HSS Europe
- This includes undertaking reviews, develop new processes and controls, help coordinate assurance and audit reviews undertaken by CMAT, FCC, etc, provide management support to the line managers of the underlying teams including:
- Sales MI and Reporting: responsible for the production of SBD and CS MI including tracking sales performance, AOP and impact (in conjunction with HSS Finance),
- Client Management MI and Reporting: development of client dashboards and at risk reporting, and customer feedback reporting
- Commercial Control: manage the pricing team that coordinates to development of financial models for deals and governance of STAMP
- Fee Billing Control: responsible for fee billing control and governance including ensuring correct and complete fee tariffs are issued, completed and set up in the system
- Proposals: responsible for the development of RFPs
- Overall business management and governance of the client management area
- Governance of the deal management process
- To act as the primary point of contact for coordination of all risk and compliance programmes across SBD and CM
- Ensure resources are located and utilised productively including FTE and headcount management for SBD and CM
- Develop talent for mutual HSBC and individual benefit
Knowledge & Experience/Qualifications
- A business degree or other qualifications relevant to the investment industry
- Funds industry specific experience is essential must be at senior management level in a client facing function
- Demonstrates ability to manage executives both internally and externally
- Ability to face off against the broader bank and manage a diverse set of stakeholders
- Deep knowledge of the European funds industry, preferably cross sector
- Detailed knowledge of investment accounting, investment valuations, custody services and investor services
- Deep product knowledge of traditional vehicles and strategies combined with an intimate understanding of market developments
- Excellent written and spoken skills, combined with the ability to present to both senior and large audiences.
- Ability to create and implement sales plans
- A proven closer with the desire to develop and harvest new markets, and a strong record of success
- Abaility to cope with multiple priorities and coordinate the efforts of others in order to bring a process to closure
- Excellent relationship management with clients and colleagues
- Ability to work effectively in a team and to tight deadlines
- Understanding of varied product solutions required within the client base
- Understanding of product and market risks
- Sound understanding of risk management and mitigation techniques
- Team player, excellent communicator and ability to work on own initiative
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.