Manchester Service Centre SK16
Salary: £19,500 - £20,500
Hours: 8.00am - 5.00pm Monday – Friday
To enable the Company to achieve the agreed contractual standard of service required for the installation and fitting handrails, grab rails and key safes in service users homes in the community. The expectation is that once fully trained the majority of jobs will be completed on a first time fix basis. After training period is complete some basic deliver or collects of community equipment may also be included into your work schedule.
- Safe installation of equipment using company guidelines
- Ensure all paper work relating to each job is read carefully and completed with all the necessary information regarding parts used and action taken written onto the job card to enable the administration team to accurately update the data base.
- Ensure all tasks related to the hand held scanner are completed with care and accuracy on a daily basis.
- Ensure any PPE supplied for use in carrying out your duties is used as instructed.
- Observe all regulations covering the driving and use of the Company vehicle on the public highway and be aware of employee responsibility under the Health & Safety at Work Act.
- Keep the vehicle you use in a tidy state and ensure stocks of all necessary parts are replenished each day.
- ensure the vehicle safety check and the van check sheet are done each week
- Maintain a professional customer service attitude and always use discretion when dealing with all service users and other agencies, always wear your uniform and identification badge, and ensure the uniform is kept clean and laundered at all times.
- Delivering and collecting community equipment to and from service user’s homes and NHS departments, ensuring at all times that the Company Infection Control Policy is followed
- Prioritise and organise your work load, referring to Line Manager as and when appropriate
- Be responsible for the maintenance and safe keeping of all tools and equipment provided by the Company as outlined in the Company handbook.
- Agree to undertake all training offered that is necessary to maintain the skills required for this role.
Skills and qualifications
- Full UK driving licence
- Successful enhanced DBS check
- General carpentry knowledge
- competency in the use of hand and power tool usage
- Able to move and handle loads and equipment safely
- Experience of face to face customer contact.
- Previous delivery driver experience
- An awareness and understanding of people with disabilities
- Flexible approach to working conditions and working environment change.
- Ability to use own initiative within set boundaries of the role.
- Ability to use a mobile phone to relay photographs Good written and verbal communication skills. good mathematical skills to assist in accurate measuring Ability to relay clear instructions to clients. Awareness of hand held scanners.
Physical demands of the job
- Moving and handling of equipment and accessories following handling guidelines
- Standing at a bench to work
- working in confined workspace if the job necessitates(installing equipment in small toilet areas or bathrooms)
- Use of ramps and any other agreed moving equipment.
Most challenging/difficult part of the role
- Flexible working/responsive to changing priorities as set by Line Manager or Customer Service team
- Committing to being available for short notice overtime necessitated by emergency response requirements
Ross Care will be an equal opportunities employer. Its aim will be to ensure that neither applicants nor employees receive less favourable treatment on the grounds of sex, marital status, disability, religion, creed, colour, race, nationality, ethnic origins or social background, or are disadvantaged by conditions or requirements that cannot be shown to be justifiable.
Apply for Joiner/Handyman
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly