Finance Manager - Group Digital
- Company Info
- Working here is about being there for our customers; we're available should the worst happen and we work together to enable social and financial equality across the UK. But it's also about you -how you develop and what you can achieve. We'll help your talent thrive in an environment where you'll be supported to work flexibly and autonomously, sharing in our success and rewarded for a great performance with a generous benefits package.
- Department Info
- From HR and Digital teams through to Group Finance, Risk and Corporate Comms - our Group function support our businesses across the UK and abroad. Delivering essential services and activities that have a real impact on our business and our customers lives, we enable our people to do what they do best, contributing to delivering a great customer service, profitability and strategic growth.
- Job Duties
- Principal Accountabilities:
Produce analyses/trend reports and Management Information Packs for senior management meetings to aid decision-making and strategic planning in order to achieve business objectives. Produce regular MI, reports and comprehensive financial analysis for Group Digital, evaluating key metrics supporting senior management, which will assist the business in achieving its performance targets.
Manage the production, analysis and provision of supporting business commentary on current and projected direct expenses and FTE positions, highlighting trends and risks against Forecast and Budget. Take responsibility for challenging the business on expense matters, and ensure that appropriate controls are in place to ensure that business spending is appropriate and remains within budget.
Take responsibility for the accurate and fair allocation of expenses in Group Digital cost centres, ensuring regular production of analysis required to ensure appropriate allocations of costs to projects. Review and challenge incoming allocations from areas outside Group Digital to ensure an appropriate allocation of costs.
Manage the production of monthly day rate analysis, highlighting trends and risks. Understand and interpret the drivers of over or under recovery, challenging where appropriate, to ensure costs are appropriately apportioned thus enabling senior managers to make accurate decisions about projects.
To work independently and take the initiative to develop relationships and work with managers and directors to help them understand financial perspectives, enabling the business to adopt a proactive and innovative role in financial and commercial matters, establishing a firm base for the successful future development and growth of Group Digital.
Maintain and monitor robust accounting standards, policies and financial controls across the team to ensure compliance with the Group Standards, statutory requirements and the control framework. Ensure all processes and financial transactions are compliant with internal and external audit requirements.
Take ownership of the Group Digital quarterly expense forecast, play a leading role in the annual expense plan and provide input to the medium- and long-term financial strategy. Develop financial based scenario / forecast planning models that enable understanding of the impact on expenses of various scenarios. Challenge the Senior Management to meet the expectations set.
Ensure that the appropriate Finance MI, process and systems are in place to provide support to Group Digital so that customers are treated fairly in line with Legal & General's Customer Experience and TCF policy.
Manage, motivate and develop employees at all levels, in a manner that is consistent with the Company's policies and procedures including the Partnership Agreement, to maximise the performance of the area.
- Skills Required
- Academic Qualifications
- Honours degree from reputable university (Essential)
- 3+ A-levels grades B or above. (Essential)
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or similar) - essential
- Some post-qualification experience (Essential)
- Asset management knowledge (Desirable)
- Revenue and expense analysis, budgeting and planning, reporting (Essential)
- Finance Systems (Desirable)
- Strong business acumen, self-starter, good oral and written communication skills, quick learning, clarity of thinking. (Essential)
- An interest in and general understanding of the business area (Desirable)
- Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days' holiday (plus one day after two years), private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
For further imformation contact