JOB TITLE: Consultant (Arts and Culture)
LOCATION: Based in either Plymouth or Cornwall covering the South West
HOURS: 35 hrs per week
SALARY: From £25,000
“***PLEASE NOTE, WE DO NOT ACCEPT CVs***"
We’re passionate about solving social problems. From breathing new life into old buildings, to supporting young people to develop the skills to succeed in an ever-changing world, RIO innovates to deliver real and lasting social change.
By creating a change ecology – one where we influence policy, shape places, deliver strategic programmes and support and develop people – we can unlock potential and opportunities to create a fairer world; one that works for everyone, not just the privileged few.
- We create and run our own social enterprises and draw on that expertise to support others to be more socially enterprising too
- We support people to develop the skills they need in an ever-changing world
- We help organisations to start up, grow and develop, finding new ways to deliver services and do business
- We empower communities with the skills and confidence to take control of their future and make the best use of their built assets
As a social enterprise ourselves we operate a triple bottom line with a focus on the social and environmental impact of our business and we don’t have any shareholders, which means all profits are reinvested back into the work we do.
RIO has developed a unique approach to transformational change using challenge based learning and social enterprise. As a Consultant (Arts and Culture) you will deliver and, when required, lead activities, contributing to the growth of RIO’s social impact and the overall development of the business, with a focus on Arts Award as part of our role as the Arts Council Bridge Organisation for the South West of England. You will work on and at points lead large scale participatory Arts and Cultural projects ensuring that all CYP achieve an Arts Award accreditation.
Main Duties and responsibilities:
Delivering quality services and products and producing great outcomes individually and within project teams
- To deliver innovative approaches for transformational change
- To use skills, knowledge and expertise to help influence strategic development particularly within Social Enterprise.
- To provide specialist support for schools and cultural organisations through the delivery and coordination of RIO’s Arts Award programme
- To ensure the client receives the assistance, and where appropriate additional specialist support, needed to implement the recommendations/solutions
- To work confidently with Arts and cultural and school leaders
- To design deliver and facilitate high quality Arts and cultural activity accredited by the Arts Award
To work effectively as part of project teams, applying RIO’s approach and values
- To provide leadership, project management and consultancy both internally and externally.
- To run focus groups and facilitate workshops
- To measure and celebrate impact.
To work with Heads of Service in developing leads and opportunities for new work, focusing on exploiting existing relationships
- To help develop a customer base leading to business opportunities, sales and innovation in accordance with the RIO principles and ethos.
- To carry out high quality research in the Arts and Cultural sector for internal and external use
- To represent RIO and to understand and talk coherently about RIO service provision in order to influence change.
- To adhere to and uphold RIO’s social purpose, strategic aims and policies
- To contribute to a culture of equality and demonstrate a commitment to removing all forms of discrimination as a colleague and service provider
- To act with integrity and maintain the highest professional standards at all times
- To meet individual and collective targets.
- To maintain the level of qualifications/personal and professional development and competence required to carry out this role and notify the company immediately of any circumstance that affects this
- To effectively use all RIO reporting and other systems
- To provide mentoring support to other members of RIO staff
- A flexible approach is required for the role, as additional, reasonable duties commensurate with the role and as agreed in advance with the Commercial Director/Chief Executive may occur from time to time
This job description is not necessarily an exhaustive list of duties but is intended to reflect a range of duties the post-holder will perform. The job description will be reviewed regularly and may be changed in the light of experience and in consultation with the post-holder.
Apply for Consultant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly