Senior Regulatory Risk Manager
Royal London's platform division is a growing, successful business and one of the largest employers in central Bath.
Our investment platform is used by financial advisers to manage their clients' money and is marketed under the Ascentric brand. With strong financial backing from the Royal London Group and an unwavering focus on our customers; our platform has grown into an award winning, flexible and transparent service that allows both advisers and investors view and manage their investment portfolios in one place online. We have enjoyed significant growth every year since launch in 2007 and we now look after over GBP14bn of our customers' investments.
Our business continues to grow rapidly and it is an open, honest and dynamic place to work. It's an exciting time to join us as we enter our next phase of growth.
The RLPS Risk & Technical team is responsible for helping the business to put in place the appropriate structures and processes that will allow it to manage the unexpected events that could affect its performance and the delivery of its regulatory commitments.
As the Senior Regulatory Risk Manager for RLPS you will make a real difference to RLPS's ability to demonstrate that it has in place the appropriate structures, processes and controls to ensure that it meets its regulatory obligations.
* Developing a thorough understanding of the evolving regulatory requirements within which RLPS operates
* Establishing and maintaining an effective framework that supports the business in demonstrating it complies with regulatory requirements
* Implementing and managing an effective control assurance framework
* Providing oversight and challenge to the business around its adherence to regulations
* Challenging the business to prioritise and address areas of concern when they arise
Key Skills & Experience required:
* Strong experience of working in a compliance or regulatory risk capacity
* Experience of working within Financial Services is essential and Investment knowledge and exposure would be advantageous
* Strong understanding of the UK Financial Services regulatory landscape
* Excellent stakeholder management and influencing skills across the business
* Good communication skills, especially presentation and workshop facilitation