Product Assistant (Children's clothing)
Frugi is the UK’s bestselling organic childrenswear brand, proving that ethical and organic clothing can be bright, beautiful and successful! The company was born in 2004 and continues to grow at 40% every year, selling through a rapidly expanding network of over 500 stockists in more than 50 countries worldwide.
We strive to be ethical in everything we do, each year donating 1% of our turnover to our Little Clothes BIG Change charity project which includes a children’s charity, the Cornwall Wildlife Trust and an orphanage in India.
Over the last 12 months we have been earmarked by The Sunday Times Fast Track Ones to Watch list, received GOLD in the Healthy Workplace Awards, expanded to more than 80 permanent team members with even more joining us for our busy seasons, grown our turnover to £8m, donated over £78k to charity, and eaten a lot of pasties (and cake!).
We strive to be the most fun, desirable and trusted clothing brand on the planet, but this is only the start of it…
Due to Frugi’s continued expansion we are now looking for a Product Assistant to join our creative and dynamic product team. With a background in clothing, fabric or product, you should have a keen commercial eye and be genuinely excited about working in childrenswear.
You may be a recent graduate, or someone who has a couple of years under their belt, but most importantly you are someone with drive and passion to succeed in creating the best children’s products in the universe! You work with everyone within the Design and Development team. You are very organised and will offer admin support throughout. You will have the opportunity to develop your knowledge within an extremely creative and highly skilled environment whilst learning the mechanics of a commercial product life cycle.
Your Role in a Nutshell
To work as part of the existing product teams to help deliver a beautiful ethically made and commercially viable range that reflects the brand values and meets company objectives.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Assist in product development process of new styles that are then ready for mass translating manufacture.
- Assist in development of trims, strike offs, lab dips, appliques, embroideries, fabrics and green seal samples.
- Work to the company critical path to ensure deadlines are met accordingly.Including the various sealing stages, review meetings and launch.
- Work closely with designers and garment technologists to ensure that the new product delivers designs vision for the range.
- Ensure accurate records, department spreadsheets and styles files are kept up to date.
- Support in the placement of seasonal styles with supply base, by preparing packs for send out.
- Carry out bench marking exercises and competition shops to help ensure Frugi prices are competitive in the market place.
- Work closely with Design and Technical team to research new product or market requirements.
- Build strong working relationships with suppliers and ensure that all product information is communicated in a clear, concise fashion. Ensure the suppliers are aware of their next steps in the development process and the timelines involved.
- Ensure that Suppliers deliver Designs vision and follow Tech Pack instructions
- Ensure that Suppliers deliver samples into the business that are to production quality and can be used as tools by the business to sell and market the brand if required.
- Support the team in all administrative tasks to aid progression of products and supply chain
- Fabric or product knowledge preferred not essential.
- Excellent communicator in the spoken and written word, with accuracy and great attention to detail.
- Super organised with excellent time management skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Computer literacy.
What’s in it for you?
- We’re offering a full time, 6 month contract.
- We’ll invest in you with a competitive salary, circa £16.5k to £18.5k, depending on your skills and experience.
- To help save for your future you can join our company pension scheme, including matched contributions.
- A share of the profits - if we have a good year we'll share it.
- You’ll get a great discount across our fantastic range.
- We’ll invite you to take part in our healthy workplace activities such as lunchtime walks, yoga, etc.
- We hold regular company events organised by our very own Frugi Fun Committee.
- We offer fabulous career progression and development opportunities. As we grow, you’ll grow too!
- We provide a slightly bonkers but very fun and exciting environment to work in.
How to Apply
Send your CV and a covering letter stating why you are exactly the right person to join our team to email@example.com
Closing date: 31st July 2018. We’ll be interviewing as we go along, so the role may close earlier than advertised. The early bird catches the worm!
Important: All applicants must have the right to live and work in the UK at the time of submitting your application; unfortunately, Frugi are not licensed to sponsor overseas workers.