Oracle BI Technologist
Opportunities UK wide
Our client is one of the world’s leading professional services organisations. They act as trusted advisors to a diverse and expansive client base, spanning multiple geographies and industries.
They are recruiting individuals with a proven track record in Oracle Business Intelligence and related technologies, specifically technical skills at the Manager level (minimum of 5 years relevant experience).
As a consultant, you will blend technical skills with creativity to develop ideas into solutions. Through their industry leading methodologies you will work closely with clients to transform their business.
This role will require you to have both breadth and depth in reporting using Oracle technologies. The role fundamentally comprises of two key skills - the first is client facing delivery skills whilst the second will comprise of technical ability. The role will specifically require the individual to perform activities such as:
- Build and deliver full stack OBIEE applications and warehousing technologies including, e.g., ODI, BI Publisher, BICS, DVCS, OTBI and/or OTBIEE
- Deliver end to end OBIA packages including HR, Financials, Procurement and Spend, Projects or Sales analytics against Oracle E-Business Suite and/or Oracle Cloud ERP
- Create Reports/ Dashboards using BI Answers – creation of various reporting views, complex filters and dashboard, prompts, KPI Scorecards and alerts
- Performance tune OBIEE reports and dashboards
- Produce both functional and technical design specifications which deliver business requirements as well as adhering to development standards and best practices
- Unit test and peer review client deliverables
- Support other development lifecycle activities such as extended testing, service introduction, cutover
- Assist with defining the Oracle reporting and analytics roadmap and long-term strategy for clients
- Prioritise work on projects, support tasks and delegate appropriately across your delivery teams
- Communicate effectively with internal project teams, clients and other parties involved in the delivery of client reporting strategies and initiatives on large transformation programmes
- Assist in the development, growth and retention of junior resources
Whether you engage with their clients as an advisor, reviewer or resource on an Oracle project, you will strive to deliver quality, value and satisfaction to their clients.
The role requires specific Oracle BI expertise and consulting experience in the following areas:
- Experience of at least in 2 OBIA packages implemented at different programmes/clients
- Excellent knowledge of Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE) 11g and 12c at all levels (full stack) including upgrade processes
- Deep understanding of Oracle BI security model, cache management and experience of handling data quality control and reporting mechanisms
- Understanding of big data and BI best practice, tools, and understanding of latest industry techniques
- Ensuring that designs form part of a cohesive overall solution for reporting, in alignment with the principles of simplification and standardisation and build of reusable components.
Wider Desirable Technical Expertise
- Oracle Golden Gate Implementations
- Oracle Big Data Implementations
- Oracle Hyperion Implementations – Essbase and FDMEE
- Informatica Power Centre Implementations
- Data Warehouse Administration Console
- Oracle FSG Reporting
- Oracle E-Business Suite Reporting
- Master Data Management – Data Models, Data Dictionaries and experience of MDM implementations.
- AGILE Project Delivery
- Data Architecture and Data Governance
- Microsoft Products – MSSAS and MSSIS