Senior Satellite and spacecraft Engineer
Sopra Steria Recruitment is working in partnership with a major public sector client in the UK. We are currently recruiting a Sr. Satellite and spacecraft Engineer based in Portsdown West, Fareham for 2 Years initially with possible extension.
Job title: Sr. Satellite and spacecraft Engineer
Location: Portsdown West, Fareham
Duration: 2 Years initially with possible extension
This role falls INSIDE of IR35.
- Currently working on a number of technical projects to carry out experiments in space and has contracts with industry to deliver payloads in LEO and technical support to delivery of a GEO communications constellation.
- We are looking for an experienced space systems engineer to join the Cyber and Information Systems Division to work on and lead a range of studies and projects that will give impartial advice to the company on future space system capabilities.
- Working closely with other members of our Space Systems Team, in the field of spacecraft engineering, you will contribute to and lead core spacecraft engineering related research activities to support projects within Space Programme.
- You will provide, research, advice, verification, operation and assessment of state-of-the-art spacecraft technologies, including the standards required to ensure they are fit.
- We are looking for someone with a strong knowledge of spacecraft design, engineering and development and practical experience to lead technically in the following areas:
- Satellite sub-system design and integration such as, power systems, TT&C systems, satellite structural design, thermal management system design, downlink systems and payload integration.
- Spacecraft operations, including satellite constellation design and ground infrastructure.
- Launch systems both technically and in their procurement for the purpose of satellite launch.
- Satellite payload design including Electro-Optical and Radio Frequency sensing systems in space.
- Satellite standards (eg GSFC-STD-7000A).You will also need to have a desire to learn about the specific aspects of satellite's (including hardening) design, qualification and operation.
KEY TASKS AND DELIVERABLES:
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Consult and liaise with project and programme managers to understand, shape and develop project requirements and provide detailed input on all aspects (including mechanical, electrical, thermal and materials) of design, manufacture, qualification, acceptance of payloads and their integration into the spacecraft.
- Provide technical leadership of project work packages, working alongside the project manager assessing maturity of evidence presented at Preliminary and Critical Design Reviews, Qualification and Acceptance, developing plans to ensure work is completed to time, cost and quality.
- Be responsible for designing, developing and delivering a cost effective analytical approach to solving problems, keeping abreast of new spacecraft technologies and analysing how these developments can be utilised in systems.
- Developing understanding of vulnerabilities and threats to spacecraft systems.
- You will not have any line management responsibility, but you will be expected to develop and mentor members of staff working with you on your projects, providing feedback to them and their Team Leader.
- Experience of satellite design, build and payload integration.
- Recent experience working in the Space industry.
Please Note: Shortlisted candidates would be contacted via Call/Email.
Apply now to know more!