Risk and Compliance Analyst
My client a leading insurance organisation based in Leeds who are looking for a IT Risk and Compliance Analyst
This role is responsible for supporting the IT Risk & Compliance Manager to ensure the appropriate governance management for the International division.
The person will need to have a good understanding of technical audit and governance requirements, and the ability to influence and guide the organisation to put in place processes and procedures to fulfil regulatory requirements and obligations, while focusing on ensuring that processes are fit for purpose, streamlined and effective.
You will take a key role in supporting the IT Risk & Audit manager to deliver risk improvements across the IT organization by working with IT leadership and staff to bring technical experience and provide insightful and value-adding direction in the areas of risk, audit and compliance.
Essential Job Functions
- Performing or Assisting in reviews over IT systems, controls, processes or programmes, helping to identify risks and issues and developing recommendations.
- Supporting the development and resolution of actions and plans for IT resolution of Audit issues with internal and external audit partners.
- Providing insight related to the integrity of the IT control environment, the efficiency of processes and the insightfulness of management information.
- Exposure to current thinking in business technology, technology governance and risk management;
- Assisting the wider team in developing capabilities and controls where they do not exist, or ensuring that they are fit for purpose.
- Providing subject matter expertise to the technology team and supporting business projects when needed to ensure that controls and processes are Embedded appropriately
- Supporting the IT Risk & Audit manager in reporting to IT senior leadership.
- Interact with relevant stakeholders to ensure the IT Audit function is seen as adding value to the wider company.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Minimum of 2-3 years' experience working in the IT Audit field.
- CISA qualified or appropriate experience preferred. Any other relevant qualification (CISSP, CISM etc.) considered a plus.
- Understanding of common IT processes and procedures.
- Good analytical skills and organisational abilities.
- Focused and initiative driven with an ability to build strong relationships with the broader IT team, and internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to communicate clearly at all levels.
- Desire for continuous improvement and self-development.
- Strong understanding of how financial service organisations work, and how IT should be designed to support such operations.
- Insurance experience is preferred, though not mandatory