Opus Engineering are currently recruiting for a Test Engineer to work on a permanent basis at its client's site in Bristol.
Position: Test Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
Due to continued expansion our client is looking for a Test Engineer. This role is key in ensuring the company is able to meet its business objectives. As part of a small test team you will be responsible for the design, commissioning and documentation of developmental and production testing facilities.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Designing, developing and assembling test/production equipment:
- Pressure drop test rigs
- Heat transfer test rigs
- Component post-processing jigs and fixtures
- Leak testing jigs and fixtures
- SolidWorks design of test components
- Electrical design of testing and production data acquisition systems
- Knowledge of electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- Commissioning of testing and production equipment.
- Documentation of new production processes.
- Design & assembly of test rigs, jigs and fixtures.
- Practical, hands on experience utilising hand tools.
- An understanding of pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- An understanding of pressure, temperature and flow measurement systems.
- An engineering degree or be able to demonstrate equivalent experience.
- Experience sourcing components from sub-contractors.
- You will possess a can do' attitude and be able to apply your enthusiasm to all activities
- Calm under pressure.
- You should be an enthusiastic, determined and motivated individual with the desire to progress within this role.
- Flexible, hard-working and be a self-starter.
- You will be looking to make an impact on a growing team working within a fast-growing technology.
- A full UK driving license.