Surveyor - Leisure Agency
Colliers International is a leading commercial real estate services company, providing a full range of services to real estate occupiers, developers and investors on a local, national and international basis. Services include brokerage sales and leasing (landlord and tenant representation), real estate management, valuation, consulting, project management, building surveying, project marketing and research. We provide our services across the core sectors (office, industrial, retail, Residential and hotel) as well as many specialised property types.
The UK business is headquartered in London, with 800 specialists throughout 12 offices across the UK and Ireland.
Colliers International is looking for an enthusiastic surveyor to join the UK Leisure Agency team in London.
With a strong client base and as part of a growing team and firm, there's the chance to work in one of the most diverse property sectors. The emphasis of the work will be on agency matters dealing with a broad range of leisure instructions including:
- Advising landlords and developers on potential leisure and catering opportunities in shopping centres and mixed use schemes throughout the UK.
- Advising clients on asset management opportunities to drive value through creating new leisure units within their ownerships
- Advising various Health & Fitness, Restaurant, Bar and Experiential Leisure occupier clients on acquiring sites throughout London and major markets across the UK.
- Disposing of non core restaurants and bars on behalf of national branded occupiers
The successful candidate will work with colleagues in London and across the UK to develop relationships with owners, occupiers and landlords. They will be fully supported in developing their role as part of an enthusiastic and entrepreneurial team with good prospects for career development.
Colliers International's Licensed & Leisure team is one of the most experienced in the UK, with unparalleled knowledge of the sector and extensive specialist experience, from health & fitness, pubs, bars and restaurants to casinos, leisure schemes and destinations. The team advises on acquisitions, leasing, disposals, investment, lease advisory, valuations, and M&A transactions, and has helped shape some of the UK's most recognised leisure brands, institutional landlords and the sector's most exciting newcomers.
- Must possess previous agency experience - acquisitions or disposals
- Previous leisure experience preferred but not essential
- Must possess excellent organisation and time management skills
- Must possess excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Must possess excellent presentation and negotiation skills
- Must be able to work effectively as part of a team
- Client interaction and participation in pitches is likely to occur and thus must possess good written and verbal communication skills
- Must possess sound IT skills, particularly MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)