- Company Info
- We take pride in being there for our customers. We help them deal with whatever life has in store and support them in achieving financial security; and that's thanks to the talented and dedicated people who work with us. For us, 'social responsibility' is not just a buzzword. It defines us and runs through everything we do for our customers and as an employer. And working with us, you'll get a competitive reward package and have the flexibility and autonomy to deliver your personal, business and career goals.
- Department Info
- From HR and Digital teams through to Group Finance, Risk and Corporate Comms - our Group function support our businesses across the UK and abroad. Delivering essential services and activities that have a real impact on our business and our customers lives, we enable our people to do what they do best, contributing to delivering a great customer service, profitability and strategic growth.
- Job Duties
- To collect and chase all outstanding premiums by ensuring that settlement of inception, renewal and discontinuance accounts are made within agreed timescales in order to avoid loss of revenue to Legal and General in respect of insured risks. Must be confident in approaching customers on the telephone and building positive relationships.
- Deliver a consistently high standard of customer service by developing and maintaining relationships with customers. Ensure enquiries/requests are prioritised and resolved efficiently; ensuring departmental service levels are met.
- Be confident to negotiate payment plans to tight deadlines thus ensuring business is retained and they are still confident to recommend us elsewhere.
- To work closely with other administration areas within Group Protection and Legal & General. Must be flexible with change and prepared to challenge current working practices. Needs to be proactive, motivated within a fast changing environment and have a head for figures.
- Transact all financial matters within all agreed guidelines, rules and limits in order to protect Legal & General from Financial loss, adverse reputation or embarrassment. Abide and ensure the correct application of regulations and legislation, as set by the Association of British Insurers (ABI), Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs (HRMC).
- Maximise opportunities to improve profitability, operational effectiveness and service through a continual review of working practices for improvement to the customer experience.
- Treat all your customers fairly by fully understanding and practising the principles of our Customer Experience and Treating Customers Fairly Policy.
- Provision of timely and accurate statistics to aid the Team Manager in providing MI data.
- Take ownership of your personal development by pro-actively seeking to learn new skills. Work closely with your Team Manager, to meet your agreed personal development plan. Be aware of the current Group Protection portfolio including any new products/features that may launch as part of our proposition. Take ownership of reading and following guidelines as stated in formal communications.
- Skills Required
- Experience of dealing with customers over the phone
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office suite of programs.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Able to handle direct customer contact effectively on a range of subjects including complaint handling
The jobholder should maintain legislative and regulatory knowledge including:
Finance Act 2004
Equality Act (2010)
Treating Customers Fairly
Data Protection Act
Desirable - A good knowledge of all Group Protection products, past and present.
Understands the processes & systems used in Operations & demonstrates an aptitude for dealing with numeracy
- Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 22 days' (with potential to rise to 26 days) holiday, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
For further information, please contact
Normal working hours will be Monday to Friday ( 9am - 5pm ) as part of a 35 hour week.