Job Title - Analyst - Commercial
The Commercial community at the Guardian focuses on driving revenue through advertising, Guardian Labs, Guardian Jobs as well as Commercial Partnerships. The Data & Insight team has a dedicated sub-team of 4 analysts who focus on leading and supporting this community.
On a typical day, the successful candidate will query web data using SQL, pulling insights for various stakeholders across the business. Queries could include understanding traffic to specific sections of the Guardian, analysing the revenue impact of a change in the site design or understanding how readers consume and interact with the Guardian across different platforms.
Specific Key responsibilities
- Be comfortable with running ad hoc requests from Commercial team who work closely with media agencies. Requests include: understanding the performance of sections, keywords or audience of the Guardian on digital platforms.
- Understand which data source is most appropriate to provide accuracy whilst uncompromising on delivery times.
- Maintain/create new internal dashboards using Tableau as the main software.
- Work with analysts and developers to create original analytical solutions.
- Work with a wide range of stakeholders, recommending metrics and methodologies to provide analytical solutions.
- Be an enthusiastic member of the team who is willing to share knowledge with others.
- Diversity and Inclusion.
We value and respect all differences in all people (seen and unseen) at the Guardian. We aspire to inclusive working experiences and an environment that reflects the audience we serve, where our people have equal access to career develop???ment opportunities, their voices are heard and can contribute to our future.