Interim Procurement Catalogue Manager
An interim job has arisen for a Procurement Catalogue Manager to join an NHS shared service in London. You will be responsible for the overall management of supplier catalogues, with the aim of ensuring both accurate catalogue data and cost reductions by negotiating price agreements for suppliers.
This will include responsibility for:
- All tests/trials/evaluation of catalogue systems ensuring that all standards of the service are met at all times
- Ensuring that all catalogue update activity aligns with the calendar of supplier catalogue/ price agreement expiry dates ensuring that price data remains active at all times
- Authorisation of all catalogue/ price agreements with all live suppliers in the purchase order systems
- Developing and maintaining catalogue protocols and policies
- Validating and analysing data received from suppliers. Identifying price and other variances such as supplier performance/ lead times and making recommendations to the relevant portfolio lead.
- Effective communication of all financial and procurement regulations related to catalogues to managers at all levels across the organisation and external bodies
You will be an experienced Procurement Catalogue Manager who can demonstrate:
- Strong knowledge of public sector procurement processes, and NHS standing financial instructions
- Proven record of achievement to deliver significant percentage reductions in catalogue efficiency
- Proven ability to balance a large number of competing priorities
- Experience of undertaking presentations at a senior level
- Experience of writing new procurement operating policies
- Understanding of the strategic direction of procurement within the NHS and ideally with other business sectors as well
- MCIPS qualified preferred
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.