Video Editor - UNILAD Fitness
UNILAD is one of Britain's biggest platforms for breaking news and trending content. A viral powerhouse for Millennials by Millennials with tens of millions of unique monthly readers. A figure that has been rapidly growing since the beginning of 2014. We create. You share. Because procrastination is important.
Title: Fitness Video Editor
Responsible for: n/a
Based at: Manchester
Main purpose and scope of the job:
Our team is growing exponentially and this is an exciting time for us. Our main page is the most engaged Facebook page in the world and now we want to take UNILAD Fitness to the next level and build on the incredible work that team is already doing.
We need a Video Editor and Researcher who can find sharable and relatable video content and edit it ready to share with UNILAD Fitness' audience of millions.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
The role has two main facets Research and Video Editing.
- Finding content from across the internet that will resonate with UNILAD Fitness' audience
- Contacting content creators and getting permission to use sourced content
- Building relationships with content creators for ongoing partnerships
- Ensuring content is licensed and cleared for use
- Negotiating fees when necessary
- Sticking to agreed budgets
- Adapting videos to make them shareable and relatable for social audiences, especially on mobile
- Adhering to UNILAD's house style and templates
- Editing videos to tight deadlines
- Subtitling videos
- Trim footage segments and put together the sequence of the film
- Input music, dialogues, graphics and effects
- Ensure logical sequencing and smooth running
- Creating social posts for Facebook, Instagram and Twitter as required
- Filling in required admin and documentation in a timely and accurate manner
- Working to productivity and performance targets set by a line-manager
Skills and abilities:
What skills are needed to do this job?
- Proficient and quick video editor in Adobe Premier Pro
- Strong written English skills
- Understanding of social media audiences and practices
- Demonstrable passion and enthusiasm for Fitness content
- Keen work ethic and desire to take UNILAD Fitness to the next level
What experience does someone need to do this job?
- Preferred: Writing Experience
- Preferred: Video Editing Experience
- Preferred: Social Media posting for a non-personal page
Are qualifications needed to do this job?
- Relevant degree helpful but by no means essential
- 25 days holiday
- Fantastic location in the heart of the city
- Friday drinks
- A social but hard-working atmosphere
- Seasonal socials
- Lunch discount scheme
- Corporate eyecare voucher scheme
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Working in a unique start-up environment
- With teams structured across our spacious office, we're a friendly bunch full of self-starters who really buy into the brand from day one
- We love collaboration between teams, so expect loads of hot-desking, open Slack communications and no structural 'layers' to break through
- You'll have all the resources at your disposal and the perfect environment to allow you to be the best you can be
- We want people to live and breath the UNILAD brand and encourage innovation and creativity in every area
- Work hard, develop fast and have tons of fun doing it.