NPI Material Controller
I am working with a client in the North East who is looking for a Material Controller.
Summary of duties is as follows:
Summary of Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Run MRP materials (SAP).
- Ensure continuity of supply to production.
- Co-ordinate SOP (Start of Production) and EOP (End of Production)
- Monitor/adjust material requirements in accordance with customer demand
- Print/issue schedules
- Expedite material deliveries to ensure we need pre build and start of production
- Work with purchasing to ensure supplier agreements are set up to meet build or manage alternate ordering process
- Report out any open issues to Management weekly
- Ensure SAP set up in the pre build to SOP phase in prep for handover to production intent to ensure continuity of supply pre SOP
- Liaise with suppliers/transport companies
- Liaise with internal customers
- Maintain supplier files
- Report on supplier delivery performance via vendor rating system
- Control defective material
- Act as Co-ordinator for annual and interim inventory checks
- Support inventory reduction activities
- To control freight expenditure
- Ensure compliance with HSE regulations. Exercise high standards of H & S at all times, including Environmental Safety Awareness
- To undertake any other duties as reasonably requested by the company.
Experience in a fast paced logistics environment
If you are interested or alternately have someone in mind then please get in touch.
Progressive Recruitment, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy