IT Support Technician
IT Support Technician
The IT Support Technician will be responsible for general maintenance of defined computer equipment and for the resolution of identified technical problems for IT goods and services at SGS Tamworth.
They will be expected to complete basic IT maintenance and support tasks, as well as managing the relationship between the IT Helpdesk. This person will ensure that IT support requests are managed effectively and responded to in a timely manner, either by completing requests themselves or raising them with our helpdesk where necessary.
- Provide telephone, email and desk side support to staff.
- Complete any other tasks as requested by your line manager or a senior member of staff.
- Ensure completion of backup tasks and scheduled tasks.
- Occasionally carry out specific tasks outside of normal working hours.
- Skills and knowledge required in areas such as desktop support, networking and operating systems.
- Make software available to appropriate customers where requested
- Ensure the anti-virus software is installed, kept up to date and working properly on all customers stations, where appropriate.
- Provide troubleshooting resolution and updating/upgrading of software to customers
- Troubleshooting and administering OSX / Windows / Microsoft Office and Adobe CC.
- Maintain customers computer peripheral equipment, as requested
- Assist other technicians in the office where required
- Liaise with external suppliers for the repair of equipment under warranty or maintenance contract
- Provide troubleshooting resolution and updating/upgrading of hardware to customers
- Assist with and provide support/troubleshooting for server hardware
- Carry out routine network maintenance tasks
- Provide technical support for all users
An IT Support Technician will need to;
- Be able to work on his/her own initiative
- Demonstrate practical knowledge and problem-solving strategies
- Have high quality inter-personal skills
- Keep abreast of new developments in software and hardware.
- Maintain our high standards particularly regarding customer communications and response times.
To apply for the role of IT Support Technician, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: IT Support Technician, IT Support Advisor, Technical Support Advisor, 1st Line Support Technician, Helpdesk Support Technician, Service Desk Technician, IT Support Analyst, IT.