HR Advisor, Stockport, £Competitive + Bonus + Benefits, Fixed Term Contract
Vitality is an award winning, dynamic and vibrant financial services provider, with a ground-breaking vision for the future, where individuals are enabled to succeed and are rewarded and recognised for their contribution to our business.
Our HR Advisor will receive a competitive salary plus benefits including;
- Bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Vitality Private Medical Insurance
- Stakeholder Pension Plan with employer contribution
- Vitality Partners and Rewards
- Access to great onsite facilities
About our HR Advisor Role
As a member of the Vitality People team, you will be the first point of contact for people management queries working from our Stockport office. You will play a key role in providing an effective and professional HR service covering the full generalist remit including recruitment & selection, performance & attendance management, change management, employment law, employee development and policy advice. You will also assist in supporting the implementation of business wide projects.
Responsibilities as our HR Advisor include:
- Provide front line advice and support to managers on all areas of operational HR in line with best practice and employment law
- Provide guidance and advice on sensitive/complex ER matters including investigations, disciplinary/capability and grievance processes
Reviewing and supporting managers in producing letters/formal documents
- Attend and advise, where necessary, at formal hearings / appeals, including cases that result in dismissals
- Assist in the delivery of all change management initiatives necessary to support the transformation and growth of our organisation.
- Build effective working relationships with people managers across the business
- Support the HR Operations team/HR Business Partners with complex HR queries
- Undertake ad hoc projects as and when required
- Support with administrative and HR processing matters, as required
To become our HR Advisor, you will have the below skills and experience:
- Experience of dealing with complex ER casework
- Experience attending and supporting at formal hearings, up to and including dismissal
- Proven stakeholder management exposure, and the ability to influence at senior levels
- Experience of coaching and supporting line managers and colleagues
- Excellent interpersonal and professional skills including experience of resolving conflict
- Ability to be able to communicate effectively both written and verbally, adopting an appropriate style and tone
- Ability to manage a high workload with multiple demands and tight deadlines, monitor service levels and act as required
- Up to date and extensive knowledge of employment legislation and best practice
- Highly developed organisational and planning skills and the ability to work independently
- Methodical in approach with excellent planning skills with the flexibility to adapt to new priorities
- CIPD level 5 Qualified
- Hold a degree level education
- Knowledge of SAGE (HR & Payroll system)
Working for Vitality as a HR Advisor you'll experience an exciting mix of creativity and innovation, within a framework of challenging objectives and a passion for delivering the best.
Our people are chosen for their skills, knowledge, enthusiasm and attitude but above all, their belief that anything can be achieved.
Closing Date: Friday 27 April 2018
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our HR Advisor please click ‘apply’ today.
Apply for HR Advisor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly