HR Advisor, Stockport, £Competitive + Bonus + Benefits, Fixed Term Contract
Vitality is an award winning, dynamic and vibrant financial services provider, with a ground-breaking vision for the future, where individuals are enabled to succeed and are rewarded and recognised for their contribution to our business.
Our HR Advisor will receive a competitive salary plus benefits including;
- Bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Vitality Private Medical Insurance
- Stakeholder Pension Plan with employer contribution
- Vitality Partners and Rewards
- Access to great onsite facilities
About our HR Advisor Role
As a member of the Vitality People team, you will be the first point of contact for people management queries working from our Stockport office. You will play a key role in providing an effective and professional HR service covering the full generalist remit including recruitment & selection, performance & attendance management, change management, employment law, employee development and policy advice. You will also assist in supporting the implementation of business wide projects.
Responsibilities as our HR Advisor include:
- Provide front line advice and support to managers on all areas of operational HR in line with best practice and employment law
- Provide guidance and advice on sensitive/complex ER matters including investigations, disciplinary/capability and grievance processes
Reviewing and supporting managers in producing letters/formal documents
- Attend and advise, where necessary, at formal hearings / appeals, including cases that result in dismissals
- Assist in the delivery of all change management initiatives necessary to support the transformation and growth of our organisation.
- Build effective working relationships with people managers across the business
- Support the HR Operations team/HR Business Partners with complex HR queries
- Undertake ad hoc projects as and when required
- Support with administrative and HR processing matters, as required
To become our HR Advisor, you will have the below skills and experience:
- Experience of dealing with complex ER casework
- Experience attending and supporting at formal hearings, up to and including dismissal
- Proven stakeholder management exposure, and the ability to influence at senior levels
- Experience of coaching and supporting line managers and colleagues
- Excellent interpersonal and professional skills including experience of resolving conflict
- Ability to be able to communicate effectively both written and verbally, adopting an appropriate style and tone
- Ability to manage a high workload with multiple demands and tight deadlines, monitor service levels and act as required
- Up to date and extensive knowledge of employment legislation and best practice
- Highly developed organisational and planning skills and the ability to work independently
- Methodical in approach with excellent planning skills with the flexibility to adapt to new priorities
- CIPD level 5 Qualified
- Hold a degree level education
- Knowledge of SAGE (HR & Payroll system)
Working for Vitality as a HR Advisor you'll experience an exciting mix of creativity and innovation, within a framework of challenging objectives and a passion for delivering the best.
Our people are chosen for their skills, knowledge, enthusiasm and attitude but above all, their belief that anything can be achieved.
Closing Date: Friday 27 April 2018
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our HR Advisor please click ‘apply’ today.