Brook Street (UK) Limited is currently recruiting a Transport Manager for our Belfast client. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Transport Manager at our clients Distribution Depot in Belfast.
As budget holder you will be responsible for the end to end running of the site, including the line management of the team, business development, financial management, transport management and health and safety accountability.
This is a responsible and varied role which would suit someone who wishes to make a strong impact and progress in their career with the company. A mechanical background would be a strong advantage for this role.
* Operational responsibilities for the tanker vehicle fleet, drivers and Garage facilities operating within Northern Ireland encompassing Company Road Haulage Operators License, EU Driver Hours and Working Time Directive.
* Pro- actively manage and takes responsibility for Health & Safety issues and ensure legal compliance for the team and Bulk Distribution Depot including Garage facility in Belfast.
* Ensuring statutory and internal controls are maintained at all times, with particular emphasis on Health and Safety, transport management and internal financial controls
* Ensure that the depot is operating within the legislative requirements of VOSA, DVLA and any other authorities.
* Controlling cost and efficiencies in order to maximise the profitability of the depot
* Attend external industry recognised seminars and conferences relevant to logistics and distribution to ensure we remain compliant with any changes in legislation that is appropriate to the business.
* Overseeing day-to-day challenges including systems and vehicle maintenance, access to sites, resources, adverse weather and traffic conditions that may require immediate resolution to maintain service integrity.
* Manage staffing levels to ensure effective resource management of the Bulk Driver team, especially through peak and lull seasonal periods, including training, holidays, absenteeism.
* Selection of staff and judgements on suitability for contract extension. Acting to avoid personnel conflicts and resolve them when they occur to ensure a productive, co-operative work atmosphere is maintained and promoted.
* Training, coaching, mentoring and development of all department staff, including legislation criteria.
* Holding regular one to one`s and periodic reviews to set goals and develop the teams to meet their individual, team and company goals
* Ability to communicate verbally, written and face to face directly with customers in a professional manner in order to find a mutual resolution to the customer satisfaction. This may include issues relating to service levels or repairs on property damage.
* Display a professional and presentable manner at all times.
* Focus on the continuous improvement of Depot operational performance, identifying opportunities for improvement and highlighting avoidable critical situations that could be either customer or operations centric.
* Design, implement & deliver KPIs, produce statistical system data reports and other measurable data to further drive efficiencies.
* Managing Depot Telematics systems to design, implement & deliver KPIs, produce statistical system data reports and other measurable data to further drive efficiencies improve on fuel efficiency and safe driving behaviours.
* Have the CPC qualification or be working towards it
* Minimum of 5 years` experience in a similar Transport Manager role
* Experience with the Management of a team of drivers, Garage facilities and a vehicle fleet.
* Budget planning and management.
* Operational management of Telematics.
* Mechanical experience with Diesel Trucks is a strong advantage.
Salary will depend on performance at interview £30,000 to 35K
Please apply via the link
Apply for Transport Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly