Operations Manager Distribution & Warehouse
- Distribution & Warehousing for a well known Manufacturing and Distribution UK FMCG Brand
- Managing Customer Service, Warehousing and Transport and ensuring the deliveries are on time with the best Customer experience.
My Client is a growing provider of FMCG Goods who manufacture and distribute in house within the Logistics Distribution and supply chain sector; They are a well known UK wide company who are experiencing significant growth based in Bridgwater and have created this brand new role of Operations Manager Distribution & Warehouse.
The successful Operations Manager Distribution & Warehouse will control the planning and organising of distribution and warehouse operations and over all operations, to organise activities and assign jobs accordingly to the team. To manage the stock control, receipt, storage and ensure the timely delivery of goods whilst delivering exemplary service to an agreed budget.
- To plan out Customer Services ,Warehouse and Delivery resources and to ensure our Mission Statement as the provider of choice in the South West is achieved.
- To ensure all staff are trained to complete the duties expected of them, with particular regards to working accurately and safely.
- To ensure all the health and safety requirements are met and to take responsibility for stock and building security.
- To oversee and ensure the accurate accounting , rotation of and quality of stock received, stored and delivered.
- To lead motivate the team to ensure they are effective and efficient and duties delegated and supervised.
- To schedule equipment and vehicle maintenance and cleanliness within the requirements of current legislation, whilst ensuring records are kept of issues and costs.
- To suggest and implement measures of improvement and development of warehouse and delivery operations.
- To manage and develop Customer Services and order processing to achieve sales targets .
- To assist Managing Director in completion of reasonable duties as they arise.
- Customer Orders are delivered on time in full
- Organise fleet to optimise delivery schedule and route planning in an economic an efficient way
- Ensure accurate completion of time sheets and tachographs.
The successful Operations Manager will;
- Will be a strong leader who will be able to inspire a team with excellent communication skills.
- Will ideally have experience of managing 12 Vehicles
- CPC Qualified
- Be able to maintain effective relationships with customers, focusing on the customer s needs and gaining commitment
- Have managed and understand Customer Service and Data capture alongside Warehousing & Transport
- Experience of leading a team, performance coaching and employee engagement
- A proven track record of process improvement and change
- Be someone who is forward thinking and proactive approach
For the Successful Operations Manager Distribution & Warehouse a salary if GBP40,000 - GBP45,000 Car Allowance, PHC, Pension - 25 days and Bank Holidays