Vocational Cover Teachers
A Secure Training Centre in Buckinghamshire is looking for experienced and qualified Vocational Supply Teachers who want to help troubled young people aged 14-17.
You will be able to see beyond their behaviour and find new ways to connect and teach them. We are interested in hearing from Teachers of all disciplines, but in particular those specialising in Multi Skills (Painting & Decorating, Tiling, Paving and Bricklaying), Mechanics, Hair and Beauty, and Catering.
You would be working with Young People who have been sentenced or remanded into custody. Education is delivered via small classes to embed learning and help students rebuild their lives, in order to provide them with the second chance they deserve.
You would be working with this site and helping the young people with the support and guidance they require when they are released.
- Plan, develop and deliver allocated education in accordance with the timetable and national curriculum so that young people’s needs are met.
- Prepare, implement and monitor individual education plans so that the young person’s needs are met.
- Liaise with relevant key stakeholders to ensure an integrated approach to the young people’s care and education.
- Monitor young people’s progress and undertake assessments so that they receive appropriate support and have the opportunity to achieve recognised qualifications.
- Assist in the development of educational materials ensuring quality and consistency of approach.
- Complete all documentation as required to meet the needs of the Company, the contract and relevant external bodies.
- Manage the teaching environment ensuring security of equipment and welfare of the young people in line with contractual requirements.
- Assist in maintaining a positive Health & Safety culture to support the recognition as a British Safety Council 5 Star business unit.
- Assist as required with the overall education provision to optimise services delivered.
As part of the education team you will play a vital role in the rehabilitation and resettlement of the young people, through the provision of an effective education programme that provides opportunities for them to gain nationally recognised qualifications. You will need a PGCE pre-16 qualification or recognised Teaching based qualification (QTS). This is a diverse role, but not easy as the young people can be unpredictable and confrontational at times. Working with some of the most difficult young people in the country, you’ll need to be confident, assertive and resilient with plenty of life experience. Please note that these vacancies are subject to a 10 year checkable history and the strict vetting standards set by this site and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act. You must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 3 years. You will also need to provide full details of your employment and education history for the last 10 years as part of the security screening process for this role.
For further details please send a copy of your CV.