Sheltered Coordinator x 4
Sheltered Coordinator x 4
Salary £22,000 per annum
Permanent, 37.5 hours per week
Gateway is the leading provider of housing for older people in the London Borough of Tower Hamlets. We are committed to building upon our positive track record, by examining ways in which we can improve our housing offer to older people, and through innovation in design and choice, continue to lead the way in this service area. The Sheltered Housing Improvement Plan (SHIP) is part of our Older Person’s Strategy 2016-2020 which seeks to develop excellent quality housing, attaining the highest standards to meet future customer expectations. As part of SHIP, we are currently reviewing all sheltered schemes and positively planning for the future by moving away from the traditional sheltered housing model and introducing a new, forward thinking enhanced housing management service.
We have 13 sheltered housing schemes, including 2 specialist schemes, Mosque Tower and Bustaan Radaa, which are dedicated to Asian and Somali elders. These schemes reflect the cultural needs of the community and are allocated to people over the age of 60.
Your new role will include completing assessments and sign ups, promoting activities, liaising with relevant agencies, assisting residents to access support provided, give advice and guidance to facilitate moves to alternative accommodation. You will keep data records of residents, deal with nuisance issues and low level Anti Social Behaviour. You will also assist people to claim housing benefit and other welfare benefits, access support for help with alcohol or substance abuse issues. You will consult with residents on scheme based decisions and facilitate regular tenant involvement group (TIG) meetings
You will also be responsible for Health and Safety including monitoring visitors, testing the telecare alarm system and fire safety equipment, as well as reporting any repairs.
You will be part of a new staff team delivering the enhanced housing management service and joining us on our journey of growth, innovation and exciting opportunities!
You will be:
- Customer focussed
- A proficient user of IT systems and technology
- Able to develop and maintain effective, collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Able to work as part of a team or independently
- Personable and approachable
- Able to work calmly under pressure, be self-motivated to achieve objectives within published timescales, receptive to change
- Self motivated
- Receptive to change resilient and able to adapt to the internal and external landscape
- Able to use initiative and solve problems
You will have experience of:
- Excellent time management skills
- Accurate recording keeping skills
- Have a professional approach when delivering services
If you would like to be part of developing our new, enhanced service offer, please get in touch.
A DBS check is required.