Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer
Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer
Scotland (Edinburgh, Glasgow, Livingston, Falkirk)
B38 Group is a highly successful and fast-growing Facilities Management business. We are looking for Electrically biased A/C Multi-skilled Engineers to join the Operations team.
To operate on a day to day basis, the effective and efficient running of the onsite Hard FM services in a variety of building types, duties which comprises of Electrical, Mechanical disciplines in addition to install work. To effectively carry out hands on PPM work schedules and any known reactive tasks planned from start to finish. Coordinate and control all documents associated with these works and carry out to meet client’s standards. Liaise closely with the team and client to ensure good stakeholder liaison is managed effectively at all times. The Multi skilled engineer will be progressively suitably trained to maintain equipment with the intention of reaching levels of continued compliance and upmost performance.
Reporting to the Area / Regional Manager you will be responsible for the routine planned preventative maintenance and repair of customers’ HVAC equipment together with any other M&E services and some building fabric issues that you may be asked to attend.
This role involves weekday and occasional weekend out of hours working, covering callouts and some overnight stay-aways.
Works will be on an individual basis or as part of a 2-person team ordinarily.
Job Outline & Accountability:
- Running quality checks to make sure systems are working properly and safely
- Diagnosing and fixing faults
- Carrying out planned maintenance.
Key skills & Experience:
- FGAS Certified
- 17th Edition Electrical (2391 Test and Inspect preferable)
- NVQ Level 3 in Refrigeration Systems and/or Air Conditioning Systems,
- Be able to work as part of a team and on own initiative,
- Flexible approach to working hours,
- Proven ability at fault finding and diagnosis
- Excellent communication skills written and verbal
- Good team work ethic with confidence to use initiative when required
- Good diagnosing/fault finding and repair skills essential
- Must be responsible, have good time-management and work off own initiative effectively
- Customer focused with the ability to converse directly with our clients in a friendly and knowledgeable manner
- 'Can do' Flexible and adaptable attitude for a potentially varied role
- Must be able to comprehensively fill out report sheets and return to office in a timely manner
- Full UK driving license
- At least 3 years’ experience as a Multi Skilled Engineer
- Full qualification in Electrical bias with 17th Edition essential & FGAS Certification (2391 Test and Inspect preferable)
- Detailed knowledge of HVAC systems i.e. Air Handling units, Air Conditioning systems, Gas
- and Water boilers, Fire systems and ancillaries
- Knowledge of BMS systems and their implementation
- Basic/Intermediary knowledge in joinery, plumbing, masonry
- Proven record of management and planning functions in relation to PPM (during hours or out of hours) and reactive jobs