Waking Night Support Workers
We have an exciting opportunity available for a Waking Night Support Workers to join the team working in the Southampton Area. You will be on a full time, permanent contract working between 10 – 25 hours per week and will receive a competitive salary of £9.68- £11.81 per hour!
Fair Ways is an expanding, dynamic charity that strongly believes in providing opportunities for people to meet their full potential. Fair Ways is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and families and we expect ALL staff to share this commitment. We have recently been awarded Third Best Not-for-Profit Organisation to Work For in the Sunday Times Awards.
We are looking for a Waking Night Support Worker for our Residential Family Centre based in Southampton, Hampshire. The role will involve working 2-4 night shifts per week, supporting and assessing vulnerable Parents and their Children. Due to the home being open 52 weeks a year, the shifts will encompass weekends and holidays on a rota basis.
Key Responsibilities of our Waking Night Support Workers
- Be responsible for overseeing the home throughout the night, ensuring the home is safe, clean and prepared for the next day.
- Ensure that any administrative tasks associated with the running of the home are completed as required, including handovers, case recording, updating care plans and risk assessments.
- Manage challenging behaviour resulting from the complex needs of the young people, and provide them with emotional and physical support, alongside other night staff.
- Attend training sessions, team meetings and supervisions as required.
Our Ideal Waking Night Support Workers:
You, as a successful candidate, will ideally have had some experience working with young people, but this is not essential. All we ask is that you are reliable, enthusiastic and have the ability to communicate and deal with a wide range of people. Holding a Level 3 Diploma in Childcare or equivalent is desirable but not essential. All candidates must have a full driving license and have access to the use of a car. Successful candidates will be required to provide an enhanced Disclosure (DBS). This disclosure cost will be met by Fair Ways.
Benefits of becoming our Waking Night Support Workers
Fair Ways places importance on valuing staff and recognising the key role staff play in the organisation and that’s why we:
- Offer intensive in house Induction training prior to starting in your role. Our training department also offers a wide range of accredited courses from Level 2 Awards to Level 5 Diplomas in Health and Social Care, Children and Young People, Counselling, Health Care, and Assessing.
- Offer access to legal, financial and personal advice.
- Have an active employee committee.
- After a year’s employment, staff can benefit from a health scheme including discounts for restaurants, optical/dental discount and childcare vouchers.
- Offer discounted gym memberships.
Working for Fair Ways will provide you with an opportunity to seek discount on products and local services as well as auto-enrolment onto a Royal London Pension Scheme with the option to opt out if required.
Closing Date: Sunday 6th May 2018
Interview Dates: TBC
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become a Waking Night Support Workers then please click ‘Apply’ today! We’d love to hear from you!