Remote Product Engineer
Shoprocket is hiring!
We have travelled a long way to reach this stage and that's how we define the culture at our workplace - being self-motivated and constantly continuing to learn.
We have an awesome eCommerce product that's evolving and we are improving its tech stack and, at the same time, scaling the old tech stack. The development culture is more of an end to end development, but for now, we need to put most of our efforts into what we already have.
We are looking for a well versed product engineer who can work on our product features end to end. We need someone who understands the direct impact that every line of code makes over the final product, and can not only build feature requests but also fix bugs.
So what's in it for you?
- A competitive salary with benefits including:
- Remote working; all you need is a good internet connection.
- Flexible hours - work when you want.
- Unlimited vacation time.
- A friendly team with regular meet ups in various different countries!
What we ask of our perfect person:
- Experienced PHP developer with Codeigniter experience
- Understand Software Testing and believe in regular testing.
- Importantly, can write clear and modular code. Candidates should understand iteration cycles.
- Must have in-depth understanding of web technologies, web applications and Unix-like operating systems.
- Can write optimised queries like a pro.
- Experience with git/github, no stranger to pull requests and branches
- Amazing communication skills. We have a fully remote team, so proactive communication from your end point is vital.
- Used to agile software development.
- Values documentation and is proactive to improve existing documentation as well as creating new one when needed.
- Knowledge of cloud infrastructures is a plus, e.g. AWS.
To apply, please email Rachel directly on with your CV and examples of your work.
Applications received after the 30th January may not be considered.