Study Inn has an exciting opportunity for a Security Concierge to join the team based in Nottingham City Centre on a full time, permanent basis. You will receive a highly competitive salary of a highly competitive salary of £8.54 per hour.
Study Inn provides student accommodation combining the security, quality and comfort of a luxury Hotel, with the fun and vibrancy of a University halls of residence. With over 60 years development and operational experience originating from a Hotel background, the opportunity to accommodate a niche market combining the luxury of a hotel with student halls of residence. Study Inn originated in Coventry in 2009 with the objective of creating the best quality serviced student housing available in the UK.
Between 2009 and 2013 the Study Inn brand expanded opening three more centres in the heart of Coventry and new centres in Nottingham and Sheffield. Our continued expansion has gained the Study Inn brand a National and International reputation. Offering an all-inclusive accommodation package, residents benefit from high quality student living including en-suite, fully fitted studios, including kitchen and appliances, to shared serviced living consisting of a luxury living room and dining area complete with fully fitted kitchen surrounded by 7 en-suite bedrooms.
Our centres provide a home from home for our students that combine the security, quality and comfort of a Hotel with the fun and vibrancy of student halls or residence.
As a Security Concierge you will be responsible for the safety of our customers and building at our Nottingham Centre. This will include carrying out checks on areas of the building as required and tackling security issues causing minimum disruption to our customers. This position is working part time averaging 24-32 hours per week, including evenings, nights and weekends. In addition to the duties stated below you may be required to undertake additional duties as and when necessary to meet the needs of the business.
Your responsibilities as our Security Concierge will include:
- Safeguard, patrol and monitor premises making sure all areas are kept secure and no intruders get into the premises.
- Checking buildings and acting as a deterrent to potential thieves and to detain any individual if caught in the act until police arrive.
- Answer alarms and investigate disturbances,
- To use a radio or telephone to call police or fire in case of an emergency, such as fire or the presence of unauthorised persons.
- Inspect property to protect against fire theft vandalism and illegal activity.
- Open and lock all gymnasiums and communal areas according to the agreed timetable.
- Complete on site reporting paperwork.
- Must show good judgement and common sense.
- Monitor CCTV for any suspicious activities.
- Sign Study Inn Visitors in and out of the building.
- Manage post and parcels and distribute to the correct students.
- Attend to minor maintenance issues.
- Ensure that all of the Company’s rules and regulations are followed by both students which includes confiscating items not allowed on the Company’s premises.
- Anything else from time to time you may be asked to do.
- Ensure that you are in compliance with company’s policies and procedures.
- Provide excellent customer service
To apply as our Security Concierge, you will need:
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Clear communication skills.
- Previous experience of a Security or Hotel Hall Porter role.
- Experience of working in an accommodation environment such as a hotel
- Evidence of success in completing Security tasks
- Impeccable presentation
- An outstanding can-do attitude and the desire to work as a member of a structured team
- All candidates must provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK to be considered
Benefits of working for Study Inn Include:
- 28 days annual leave
- Bonus Holiday for midweek birthdays
- Employee assistance programme
- Annual Salary Reviews
- Bonus Scheme
- Free access to on site Gym facilities
If you feel you’re the right candidate for the role of our Security Concierge then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!