Senior Full Stack Developer (Ruby on Rails/React)
Drover is a marketplace company providing flexible monthly, all-in car subscriptions to customers, while providing its fleet partners with a listings and fleet management interface to effectively monetise available vehicle inventory. Our customers can select their favourite car from dozens of makes and models, keep it for as long as they want, swap or cancel anytime - with the cost of rental, insurance, maintenance, servicing and breakdown cover all included in one monthly price. Our vision is to provide a better alternative to car ownership and create an entirely new category in one of the largest industries in the world.
Drover was founded by a team of serial technology entrepreneurs in January 2016, has handled tens of thousands of vehicle bookings since and is serially backed by world-class investors including Version One, Forward Partners, Cherry Ventures, Partech and BP Ventures.
- 3+ years' back end development experience developing bulletproof user-facing and internal product, ideally at a high-growth startup
- 1-2 years of front end development experience
- Substantial experience in an object-oriented programming language and web development
- Knowledge of and/or passion for Ruby on Rails
- Strong experience of automated testing, integration testing and TDD
- Excellent problem-solver with an ability to learn quickly
- Effective communicator and strong team-working skills
- Entrepreneurial working style, comfortable with constantly changing priorities
- Excellent organisational skills and experience
- Demonstrable experience building easy to use and beautiful websites
- Experience with React Isomorphic / Universal apps - a plus
- Experience with or a keen interest in hybrid mobile frameworks such as React Native, Ionic or Xamarin
- Excellent knowledge of responsive layout (Bootstrap Framework) across Desktop, Tablet and Mobile
- Ideally an understanding of website optimisation and SEO principles
- Good understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and the best solutions for resolving them
- Excellent attention to detail, highly organised and a multi-tasker
- Proficient understanding of Git/Github (or similar environment)
- The opportunity to become one of the key employees at an ultra fast-growing, exciting startup changing the mobility and automotive landscape
- The opportunity to work with, and learn from, a world-class team that includes serial entrepreneurs and alumni from some of the world's best schools (Oxbridge, LSE, WHU) and most exciting companies (Google, Uber, Lyft, Gett, WeWork, EY, Goldman Sachs)
- A global team: we come from 18 different countries and work across 3 offices. Travel between London and Lisbon several times a year!
- A competitive salary and a significant options package
- Top-notch kit. We'll get you a shiny new Macbook!
- Tech and food events with the team
- Pension & cycle-to-work scheme
- Awesome startup office with a ping-pong table and an Oculus Rift
- Free team lunch on Fridays
- Monthly socials, biannual team retreats to European capitals to celebrate milestones (Budapest down, Lisbon coming up???)