In terms of role specifics, we would like to see:
- You are quick to learn new technologies, languages and frameworks but understand that shiny and new isn't always the best tool for the job and can reason about what the right choice is and why.
- You care about code quality and maintainability but don't optimise prematurely and understand when it's right to make tradeoffs to get things in front of customers.
- You have designed and developed REST APIs and have a good understanding of HTTP and ideally understand what makes a good public API.
Bonus points for:
- You have experience working with AWS suit of tools or similar and like to get stuck in on Devops.
- You have experience or an interest in building native mobile apps.
- You have worked in a microservice environment and understand how to structure, build and maintain services.
- You have worked with technologies such as Redis and RabbitMQ and understand how and when they can help.
Technologies we currently use:
- Ruby, Rails, Sinatra
- Vue.js, Node
- PostgreSQL, Redis, RabbitMQ
- Heroku, AWS, Docker
What's it like working here?
We're on a mission to change the way people engage with their health for the better, helping them to live long and prosper.
We are now a team of 12 based in London, with a fast growing consumer subscription product as well as a partner platform and a lot of exciting stuff behind the scenes and in the pipeline. There are lots of problems we work on that aren't immediately obvious: How do we optimise pricing between multiple labs? How do we make the physical testing process as simple and easy as possible? How do we use genomics and wearable data to add context to customers' results? Everyone is given a lot of autonomy to tackle problems that intrigue them, and collaborative support to implement solutions.
We may still be at the beginning of our journey, but we put a lot of emphasis, time and resource into culture and creating a supportive and inspiring environment. We place a lot of value on qualities such as being humble - it is okay to say you "don't know" or to make mistakes. Startups are hard enough as it is, we try and bring as much fun and weirdness to the office as we can, whether that be turning the office into a smoothie bar, or having office cook-offs. While we are a health tech company, we are also all human. We like to go for breakfasts, burgers and beers together! We're looking for people from all sorts of backgrounds, who are unified around our mission of improving the way people engage with their health.
- Regular team activities such as away days to Cognac, escape challenges and brewery trips
- Flexible working hours to accommodate your preferences, whether its early starts or late finishes
- Lots of time off, with 28 days paid annual leave (excluding bank holidays) to enjoy some all important time away
- Choose your own equipment and setup
- Well equipped central London office (EC2A) with a range of beverages and snacks on offer
- Pension scheme with company contribution and perkbox rewards
- Very competitive salary plus equity, depending on experience