Harris Academy St John's Wood is a brand new 11-18 secondary academy located in St John's Wood, central London, and serves an urban, highly multi-ethnic and disadvantaged intake. Open in September 2017, the academy joins the Harris Federation as a sponsored academy and has a fresh start on an exciting journey to achieve Outstanding in all areas within two years. The academy has new direction with the values of Dedication, Determination and Destiny. If you want to make a real difference to needy young people, and be supported to do so through great training and development as well as unrivalled progression opportunities, then joining this new Harris academy could be for you.
We are looking for an ICT Technician to join Harris Academy St. John's Wood.
The successful candidate will be professional in all respects, dependable, technically proficient and capable of supporting a range of technologies in this busy and fast paced environment.
Your responsibilities will be:
- To provide an outstanding level of IT support and IT project related activities to staff and students at the Academy.
- To ensure that all IT support needs are logged, investigated and resolved (or escalated where appropriate) within the target time frames as dictated by the associated SLA.
- To image, deploy and maintain Windows 10 PCs, Laptops, Tablets, Apple iMacs, iPads and other peripheral equipment such as scanners, printers, interactive whiteboards and projectors, ensuring that this hardware is regularly tested and ready for use when required.
- To install and test new software and software updates / upgrades, ensuring compliance with software licensing regulations at all times.
- To work with the relevant teams to support the on-site infrastructure elements such as physical & virtual servers and networking devices, thus ensuring the availability and security of the network, data and applications.
- To administer user login accounts, distribution and security groups, ensuring that staff and students have access to the data and resources they need.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- You will be able to demonstrate good knowledge and recent experience of:
- Microsoft Windows 10, Office 2016, Office 365, Apple OS and other desktop related software products.
- Citrix, Virtual Desktops, LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, Anti-Virus, Internet Access and security solutions.
- Administering AD login accounts, Distribution and Security Group membership within a Windows Server 2012 Active Directory.
- Supporting Windows 10 PCs, laptops and tablet devices.
- Supporting Apple products, specifically iMacs and iPads in an educational or corporate environment.
- You must have excellent troubleshooting skills, backed by a clear, analytical approach to problem solving
- You must be self-motivated, have a can do attitude and a strong commitment to team-work.
- You will have a proven track record of balancing priorities and working to strict timescales to deliver high quality results on time in a fast paced, constantly changing environment.
- You must be flexible and adaptive and be able to handle the various pressures and demands associated with working in a highly customer focussed ICT support role.
- You need to be a confident communicator and your excellent verbal and written communication skills will enable you to confidently deal with all levels of stakeholders and internal colleagues.
- You will have a minimum of two years' experience in a similar, client facing role in either a primary or secondary school and will therefore a have experience supporting the various applications typically used within the education sector.
- Relevant Microsoft and Apple qualifications to support the above experience.
- A good knowledge and understanding of the ITIL framework, supported by an ITIL Foundation qualification is desirable.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitm