Senior Research Scientist
On behalf of our client, we are looking to recruit a Senior Research Scientist to conduct and/or manage metabolism studies for new product development based on global regulatory requirements. The successful candidate will be responsible for the supervision and completion of new studies, and will take on wider departmental responsibilities.
- Relevant chemistry-based degree, a PhD would be beneficial but is not essential
- Research experience and knowledge of conducting ADME studies
- Experience and understanding of tracking molecules using radiolabeling
- Experience working within a GLP regulated environment
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform duties as per Research Scientist. Take responsibility for the supervision and completion of more complex/new studies and a greater number of studies
- Take on wider departmental responsibilities, to include: equipment validation, software validation and management; SOP ownership
- Prepare study plans, amendments, file notes and deviations as required
- Calculate and QC check data
- Review data obtained and prepare study updates and study data for discussion internally and for communication to the client/inclusion into reports
- Prepare study reports
- Supervise, mentor and/or train more junior members of staff, to progress into a more senior role
- Study Direct appropriate projects (with mentoring from a senior colleague)
- Comply at all times with Health & Safety legislation and Company Safety Policies
- Comply with Good Laboratory Practice, Good Clinical Practice and/or Good Manufacturing Practice requirements whenever appropriate to the work being undertaken
- Comply at all times with company Standard Operating Procedures unless specifically varied in the study plan
- Ensure that any defect which may affect safety at work is brought to the attention of management
- Respect the confidentiality of information obtained in the course of duties performed and refrain from disclosing such information without written consent from management, except where disclosure is required by law or by the order of a Court.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.