Our client, a well-known provider in the Life Science industry, has a rare and exciting opportunity for an Operations Manager working within the packaging industry.
The role of Operations Manager will entail providing overall management, guidance and leadership to production department colleagues ensuring achievement of production figures, company guidelines and customer needs.
This opportunity has the potential to lead to a share option and offers an exciting way of running your own business.
- Proven leadership skills and vision within operations
- Good level of financial knowledge
- Quick learner and ability to apply technical competency
- Business development skills
- Understanding of the Life Science industry
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage the production team to ensure facilities are properly organised and functioning correctly
- The ability to manage multiple project requiring frequent communication, organisation/ time management and problem solving
- Working closely with the Managing Director, and other members of the Senior Management team to continually develop strategies to meet and further develop the overall operational, financial and commercial objectives of the business
- Effectively control budgets for capital expenditure, manning levels and raw materials
- Demonstrated ability to own projects, think big, act quickly and influence across all levels of an organisation
- Attend client networking events and manage business development activities for the business
- Experience of leading a team and people management
- Prepare and maintain project budgets and assist in developing financial targets
- Establish, manage and monitor key performance metrics for suppliers, maintenance and contracts relating to production machinery.
- Undertake 'hands on' operational duties where required including minor equipment repairs and assistance in production.
Agenda only recruits people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.