Learning Support Assistant - Land Based Studies
Learning Support Assistant based in Gobowen, Oswestry, Shropshire offering a salary of £15,990 per annum. This is a full-time, fixed term position from April 2018 to July 2018.
We are an Ofsted 'Outstanding' college. We support students with learning difficulties and disabilities to live the life they want and to be as independent as they can be. We work hard to develop the skills needed for employment and independent living - our aim is to recruit the best staff possible to deliver this first class experience to our students.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Learning Support Assistant with horticultural experience to join our Land Based team. You will be supporting the planning and delivery of relevant and challenging vocational / subject specific sessions and embedded functional skills for students and clients across all programmes including support for work experience.
We are a Disability Confident employer and we offer a guaranteed interview scheme for suitable applicants.
The role of Learning Support Assistant:
- Supporting the delivery of vocational / subject specific curriculum including embedded functional skills
- Supporting the delivery of accreditation where appropriate
- Facilitating work experience sessions
- Contribution to the provision and promotion of relevant IAG for student / client groups
- Supporting the baseline and ongoing assessment of students and trainees
- Grounds maintenance and development of site
- Contribution to administration work e.g. assessment reports, learning plans, progress reporting
- Development / use of appropriate and stimulating teaching resources including ILT
- Contribution to quality assurance of all aspects of Programme Area including involvement in Self -Assessment, Quality Improvement and compliance audits
- Contribution to curriculum / commercial development to ensure that Programme Area strands remain relevant and challenging including fostering effective partnerships e.g. Industry Champion / Competition activity
The ideal Learning Support Assistant:
- LSA qualification / Specialist Qualification
- Subject specific qualification relevant to Programme Area
- Relevant Industry Sector / commercial knowledge and experience
- Proven success of working within a similar role
- Knowledge of Ofsted framework / external quality standards
- Knowledge of Accreditation and RARPA
- Outstanding communication skills with individuals/staff at all levels
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects
- Highly motivated individual
- Competent in MS Office
We can offer the right candidate a well-resourced and modern working environment, situated in a beautiful rural setting. We have a fantastic array of employee benefits including on-site shopping and leisure facilities at our main site, pension scheme, enhanced family-friendly policies, generous annual leave, staff discounts and extensive continual professional development opportunities.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and adults at risk and expect all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.