Voluntary Services Advisor
St Barnabas Hospices offers specialist palliative care through two hospices:
St Barnabas House provides palliative care to adults in the Worthing, Adur, Arun and Henfield areas through a range of services, including In-patient Care, Day Hospice and Community Care.
Chestnut Tree House is the children's hospice reaching across Sussex and South East Hampshire. Providing care and support for children/young people and their families with life-shortening conditions.
Voluntary Services Advisor
37.5 hours per week
GBP21,450 - GBP23,090 per annum (depending on depth and variety of experience in a similar role)
St Barnabas House, Worthing
We are looking for a highly organised, enthusiastic individual to work within the community to attract and recruit new volunteers from diverse backgrounds in line with the organisations volunteer strategy. As an exceptional communicator you will use your customer service skills to work closely with colleagues and volunteers across the hospices offering training, advice, guidance and support.
This role involves:
- Working within the community to raise the profile of volunteering services and promote volunteering for St Barnabas Hospices.
- Attracting, recruiting and selecting new volunteers and seeking new ways to diversify our approach.
- Advising and interacting internally to support and guide with recruitment needs and drive campaigns.
- Advising volunteer managers on volunteering issues, providing guidance and support in line with relevant policies, procedures and best practice.
- Promoting volunteer engagement across the organisation and to support the training and development of volunteers and the staff that manage them.
For further information or an informal chat about the role, please contact Mark Francis, Voluntary Services Lead on
Closing date: 1 st May 2018
Interview Dates: 16 th and 17 th May 2018
An enhanced DBS will be sought, if you are successful in this role.
The safe recruitment of staff at St Barnabas Hospices is the first step to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults in our care. As an employer we expect all staff and volunteers to share our commitment to safeguarding.
- Enrolment onto our company pension scheme or the option to continue in the NHS pension scheme
- Up to 35 days' (FTE) annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Free parking
- On-site education support
- Option to join Healthcare Cash Plan
- Corporate Rate Gym Membership
Please complete the application form in as much detail as possible as we use this form to shortlist candidates. We do not require any other documents at this stage but we will ask for evidence of your right to work in the UK at interview and evidence of all qualifications you identify in your application form.